Cartridgeworld Carbon Zero Racing

FastRed

Has anyone any info on this team? saw them last weekend at Brands Hatch

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Checkout their own website as per the link in post #2 which carries plenty of info on the team.

They are aiming to run two Bio-ethanol/petrol powered Leons which are being provided direct from Seat Sport Spain ( i.e. NOT buying the Seat Sport UK TDI's) Given SEAT's apparent push towards more Eco themed products and marketing hopefully there will be some incentive for them to assist at a practical level even though they've officially withdrawn from British motorsport.

I spoke to some of the team and their Sponsor whilst at Brands last week and if they can get further sponsorship to back up CartridgeWorld they seem to have a professional enough set up and a real determination to make it happen.

They are certainly interested in (and hopefully were impressed by) the SCN fanbase for the SSUK team and if they are on the grid come April I'm sure they will welcome our support and do what they can to make supporting them worthwhile.

Hopefully we can follow developments on this thread.

FastRed

Checkout their own website as per the link in post #2 which carries plenty of info on the team.

Hopefully we can follow developments on this thread.

Thankx Markoos and Timthebrief!
Loads more info and im definatley interested in following developments on here

FastRed

Apoligses for trying to find out more info regarding them

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
No, it's fine - but if you're from CVR, just tell us.. people don't appreciate 'fake' fans

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
lets hope they are more reliable than their piece of crap cartridges.

My gripe about the company is they closed the only store within reach of me ages ago (Sunderland) when I had my old Epson C70 printer. They said they have a store in Durham so when me and my folks went there for a day guess what......yep....that.

I had to buy a whole new printer. A better one but a new one nevertheless.

Anyway..rant over...the sponsorship has worked out well for them in any case. In the Media Gallery on the site you get to see a news item on the press launch on a motorsport show on SKYSports and I think it was Colin (Neill) who said that the original title sponsor had been bought out and they had to find a new one. Phiroze was mentoring a trackday run by Cartridgeworld and as far as I know talk over something in the way of support for Phiroze when Phiroze was running in the British GT Championship in his final year never happened but as far as I know of the story then on Phiroze was loking for a drive with an environmental angle and happened on CVR and I think Cartridge World sort of came with him and agreed to sponsor the team.

And I think they pulled of a great coup in getting Eaves. And the possibility of Colin also racing as a third driver is an extra bonus in the driving area.

Good luck CVR!:)

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
They'll be needing some actual Touring Cars at some point though - they're unlikely to be competitive in a stickered-up Cupra and I'm pretty sure the regs don't allow 3D rendered models to run... ;)

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
They'll be needing some actual Touring Cars at some point though - they're unlikely to be competitive in a stickered-up Cupra and I'm pretty sure the regs don't allow 3D rendered models to run... ;)

When representatives of the team were asked at Brands, the "Race Cars" were under construction by SEAT Sport Spain, just awaiting delivery

Leonidas

So whats being goin on with the petrol engine now. They used to be 260ps. I heard they've being developed a bit.
Tom Coronel's car got an increase in horsepower and then got second place that weekend.

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
So whats being goin on with the petrol engine now. They used to be 260ps. I heard they've being developed a bit.
Tom Coronel's car got an increase in horsepower and then got second place that weekend.

Dunno about that. CartridgeWorld running Bio-Ethanol engines anyway. Should still be making at least 260ps, so fingers crossed, "should be" competative.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Anyone thinks Colin Neil might get out? It says on his profile, aswell as Team Principal and test driver he can be called on to be reserve driver.

FastRed

I dont work for CVR. I am a BTCC fan all be it quite new. I was taken along to Brands the other week and am interested in this team and the future of cars and green issues

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004

Different engine regs in the WTCC to the BTCC meaning they can have higher power engines in it, so you can't really compare the two.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006

I don't have a clue about engines and I have the info about the CVR engine infront of me but it says it has 16 valves and it has 260bhp @ 8500 rpm and it runs at 2000cc.

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
I don't have a clue about engines and I have the info about the CVR engine infront of me but it says it has 16 valves and it has 260bhp @ 8500 rpm and it runs at 2000cc.

I would guess its a converted 2.0ltr petrol, probably the FSi, non turbo, as S2000 regs don't allow petrol turbos. (correct me if i'm wrong somebody)

Standard they run at 150ps (bhp) in the road model, tuned and fiddled with by SEATsport Spain to make it into a 260ps beast of an engine