man3x.jpg

DSC03303-1.JPG

:think:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
someone in greece apparently..
confirming if its actually made vs prototype pictured and if its designed to be k04 bolt on replacement or something else

interesting none the less

Aug 24, 2007
that's an investment casting former isn't it Bill ?

The finished metal version looks very nice indeed :)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks good. The cast one looks different to the rapid prototype in several places. You would expect it to be the same, I think.

Runners on the prototype look a bit weedy, they might be plenty bit enough for "just" a K04 but they look weedy compared to a "proper" BT manifold.

Layout on the cast one looks good, runner design looks kind-of familiar :think:

JBS Sales

Nice SLS (rapid prototype) manifold there,good find Bill

We know of the development of the SLS as we are using the same principles for our designing and prototypes as seen in previous JBS manifold threads.

The flange positioning is more like a K03 rather than a K04 so not entirely sure how it has been designed and for what purpose.

Leigh

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Nice SLS (rapid prototype) manifold there,good find Bill

We know of the development of the SLS as we are using the same principles for our designing and prototypes as seen in previous JBS manifold threads.

The flange positioning is more like a K03 rather than a K04 so not entirely sure how it has been designed and for what purpose.

Leigh

I know.. its was touted I believe for a K04 retrofit onto K03 based cars just before ATP elminators series appeared and this was shelved.

On further asking around, it seems this one is somewhere in between K03, and a K04 bolted in its place on this manifold, hence I suspect its still birth, and not making it into production.

so when you going to pull ya finger out and cast a K04 bolt on manifold which flows more then :p :)

The other one looks nice btw.. initial flow figure increases etc..
Still showing the std inbalance on flow of std tho although more of it.

regards

JBS Sales

I know.. its was touted I believe for a K04 retrofit onto K03 based cars just before ATP elminators series appeared and this was shelved.

On further asking around, it seems this one is somewhere in between K03, and a K04 bolted in its place on this manifold, hence I suspect its still birth, and not making it into production.

so when you going to pull ya finger out and cast a K04 bolt on manifold which flows more then :p :)

The other one looks nice btw.. initial flow figure increases etc..
Still showing the std inbalance on flow of std tho although more of it.

regards

I get you,doesnt make that much sense though as the space for the DP would have been minimal.

Makes sense,the K03 positioning would make it difficult for fitment of a K04 taking into account DP,Oil and Coolant lines etc

We are moving along nicely with the K04 mani - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218980

Many thanks Bill,an awful lot of time,effort and money has gone into developing a product that will meet our requirements and that of potential customers.

The flow figures on the K03 are a decent step up from stock figures and the slight inbalance is due to the runner lengths and flow distribution of utilising a stock position.

Leigh

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
I like the way the runners are directed individually into the collector in the most efficient direction for turbine power.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
This manifold is a no go..

design concept was to make a K04 fit a K03 car, so not a bolt on K04 type manifold.

The search continues

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members