CD Auto changer?

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Hi, I have a October 2008 Stylance, stock, no bluetooth or nuthin':D

Can anyone tell me if I can fit an auto changer, maybe wack it under the seat or something and operate it from the standard head unit/wheel controls?

Is there a socket at the back of the stock head unit for the cables etc.?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance:D

Maximus2000uk

Its definately possible, but as Chris says, you'll lose the use of the AUX/Ipod/USB.

I added an Ipod connector to the car (retrofit) and it comes up as though its playing the CD Autochanger. The downside though is that I can no longer use my AUX socket which was quite useful.

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Cheers guys,

So if I buy an aftermarket 6 CD changer (Alpine/Kenwood etc) I can then plug the chunky lead (can't remember the correct name for it right now) straight in to the back of the existing unit, I assume the 'Aux-in' socket is using this port at the moment?

Thanks for your help:D

Kind regards,

Ian

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
non oem is a slightly different kettle of fish.
you will need quadlock adaptors and you my loose some steering wheel functionality.

ianltd

Aug 31, 2008
Powys
Thanks Chris,

Looks like I'll have to do a bit more research then:)

I've got an iPod but reading the posts on here, it seems it's not too clever when connected to the 'Aux-in' socket, and you have to fiddle with the unit to find the artists etc.

Seems I should have had an iPod dock factory fitted eh?:(

Maximus mentioned a retrofit, after market iPod connector - does this mean I could use the iPod from the head unit and would it display the tracks and stuff on the display??:confused:

Sorry for all the questions, but you guys obviously know a damn lot more than I do about these matters!!:D

Kind regards,

Ian

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
i dont think the factory fit is much better than the aux in.

phil 3012 is well up on all things ipod (i prefer drag and drop devices).

drop him a pm, i'm sure he'd be happy to help.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise