cd players with ipod connection with a red backlight

hoggy90

Full time sexaholic
Nov 14, 2009
Scotland
OK folks, spent most of the day looking for cd players with ipod connection with a red backlight....has to have a red backlight to match dials and lights in car obviously;) lol
but i couldnt find a nice one!! can anyone help me or give me some ideas?

much appreciated:(

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Iv got an alpine one, usb in and ipod lead, can change the colour on the faces of most head units as well.

Jimski

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
Have you seen the Kenwood KDC-W7544U ?

It has full iPod control, you can set the colours to match the red of the Leon interior and it has a CD player too.

This is mine (still need to get round to getting a new facia surround to replace the one with holes drilled in it lol):

DSC00341.jpg

(the red matches better in the flesh than this photo shows)
DSC00351.jpg

gav_FR

Loud pipes save lives!
It was about £150. I had to get an iPod cable for it too though for about £15, as the cable coming out the back of the unit has a USB socket on it, so you can plug flash drives etc in as well. I just have the iPod lead plugged in to the USB behind the centre console with the iPod connection coming out behind the ashtray since I never use USB flash drives now that I have a 120GB iPod :D keeps it nice and tidy. The iPod holder was a sound investment too, it was about £40 but well worth it.

My only gripe with the head unit is that on really sunny days the reflective front makes it difficult to read.

Disco_Mikey

Dec 28, 2009
Dundee, Scotland
h t t p :// w w w .caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde-9880r.html (without the spaces...)

I have this in my current Fabia. Like it so much I am pretty tempted to get a new one when I finally get my leon...

Can change to display between amber/green, comes with a USB lead in the box, and is iPOD compatible, but requires an adaptor, at an extra £19.99

HTH
Mike

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
i have a pioneer DEH 5000ub
DEH_5000UB.jpg

it has a usb and aux cables at the rear (mine come out under my ash tray) and you can change the colour of the buttons and the display to what ever you want. i have mine on a custom colour dark red so it matches perfectly. i just dont know if you can still get them cos i have had the same head unit for the past 2 cars cos i like it so much and i can get the colours to match the interiors.

just my 1.48p (or what ever the exchange rate makes 2 cents now days)

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
the back of it
deh-5000ub-back_medium.jpg

i have a £3 headphone cable and a usb extension cable plugged in the back and they come out under the ash tray. the iso connector that it comes with even has crimps half way down the yellow and red wires so you just unplug them and switch them over so it works straight away in a leon, no messing up your existing loom.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.