Centre Console Buttons not working

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
If your central locking system is not working properly from the control panel that is fitted between drivers and passenger seats, buttons are dimmed and mirror adjustment doesn’t work as well, then the issue is caused by the broken wires in the driver door which are leading to the control unit. Should look like that as shown on the picture. View attachment 33428
I see so I can pull that off from hinge and through to speaker hole, thankyou that's what I needed to know I wasn't sure if pulling the part in your hand out from hinge would be a problem .I'll try again now

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
If your central locking system is not working properly from the control panel that is fitted between drivers and passenger seats, buttons are dimmed and mirror adjustment doesn’t work as well, then the issue is caused by the broken wires in the driver door which are leading to the control unit. Should look like that as shown on the picture. View attachment 33428
You were right...in the loom of the hinge wires there now resolved so mirrors and central locking buttons all working, thankyou

Aug 28, 2022
I drilled a small hole in actuator and wd injected in that which fixed it ,the rear door not opening from deadlock. Replaced boot lock and knocked the buildup from the handle unit so after 5 years finally get in and out boot, but the central lock and mirrors switches being down is beating me there's no wire breaks in door or hinge I've cleaned the switches so dead end until can get at the wiring from under the unit any other ideas on this one?
It’s a know problem, many VW group vehicles from this period suffer from this issue, but I’m not excluding that possibly in your case it may be something different.

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
Just incase you missed the post I'm all fixed thanks to the great communication thankyou es ist kein

Sep 17, 2022
I have exactly the same issue and just wanted to check that the driver door where these broken wires would by on the right of a RHD UK car in the drivers door as your image seems to suggest that the issue is to be found in the left hand door.

Nov 18, 2021
What’s the easiest way to access this loom?

thanks

batmannn

Apr 2, 2022
I cut the rubber housing and removed it, in the door hinge whilst door is wide open,to expose all the wires then after getting the wires opened out,you will see the break.

Reactions: Danncus
Sep 17, 2022
If you take the door speaker out you can pull the loom through and repair the breaks in the wires outside the speaker aperture. There are two clips on the car body that you need to pull out to release the multi plug

Reactions: Danncus