Changer cable

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
hi there guys this is my first time on the furom, so a big HELLO from myself!

I have got myself a new leon Fr a fortnight ago, i have been looking around for the changer cable and cannot find it ,all i can see behind the glovebox is a cable that runs to the side of the dash can anyone help me please!

The idea is i have a sony cdx-t70 mp3 changer from my last car and have seen the interface adapter.

Thanks

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
it seems after looking through some old threads they stopped fitting the cables in the later models and i will have to buy one from the dealers!

does any one know weather i need mounting brackets for the changer?

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
i have tried the sony brackets but they do not fit they only secure the changer in the middle or at the back, where there is no current securing point. do the seat brackets fit the changer at the front where the pod was secured?

If this does not work it seems there is sufficient contact points to double side it with industrilal tape!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
platinumFR said:
hi there guys this is my first time on the furom, so a big HELLO from myself!

I have got myself a new leon Fr a fortnight ago, i have been looking around for the changer cable and cannot find it ,all i can see behind the glovebox is a cable that runs to the side of the dash can anyone help me please!

The idea is i have a sony cdx-t70 mp3 changer from my last car and have seen the interface adapter.

Thanks
Hi mate i too have a new leon FR and the cable aint there you will need to get one from seat.

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
ok ive got alittle further with this i have found an interface with connects2 that is made for the non-pre-wired head units, its £50 and i will not have to buy the changer cable from seat. As yet no look with brackets!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
platinumFR said:
ok ive got alittle further with this i have found an interface with connects2 that is made for the non-pre-wired head units, its £50 and i will not have to buy the changer cable from seat. As yet no look with brackets!

£50 thats a lot innit? i paid £26 for it from seat

Spurr82

i have been looking at these connects2 cables, you can get them for the iPOD so it will work with the stereo as well, any idea on how these actually work with the stereo, where do they connect etc??

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
from the information i have found whilst searching the net, the cable i have ordered from connects2 connects in the back of the head unit, as mine is non pre-wired! the best bet is to check on connects2 web site and if you still have any questions give them a ring and make sure you get the correct cable. You can order the cable online or as like i have with halfords or motor world! connects2 do not have a customer account dept! I think your cable should be around the same price £50. Its probably best to check if your head unit is pre-wired if it 04> its probably isn't but check anyway!

good luck

Spurr82

yeah i sent them an email today as well to find out. what is meant by pre wired? lost me abit there lol.

platinumFR

Feb 2, 2006
manchester
pre-wired means there is already a cable there 4 a changer or aux in! they stopped fitting them when they started fitting cd head units. just had a look and seems like the ctastipod003 is the correct cable!

Spurr82

cool, you dont happen to know where the amp remote wire will go do you, looking through past threads but not finding much!

Spurr82

think ive got this sussed now anyways, found a guide on how to install an amp. Gonna install that 6x9s amp, mayby my sub then go for the iPOD hook up.

ToledoSteve

I just fitted SEAT CD changer to my Toledo 99 model and the harness was already there GRRR now have a harness I do not need fiver to anyone in the Swindon area. buyer collects (part no: 1M2 971 735) [email protected]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members