Changing floor matt?

FEDNO

Nov 2, 2016
Norwegian Southcoast
Hello

I just bought my very first Seat Leon a couple of weeks ago!
Its the 2002 1M 1.8T 20V 180bhp. :clap:

But i have noticed some large cutting marks on the floor carpet (not the removable floor mats) along side the center console and in the back. It goes all the way trough to the metal. And i cant find a replacement anywhere...

What do i do?
Can i repair it? (How?)
Does the Toledo one fit?
:help:

Thanks for all answers!
Cheers

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
There are a number of videos on you tube showing how to repair carpet. Depending on the damaged you could just stick a bit of thin fabric on the back to reinforce it. Also you could patch it with a bit of carpet from under one of the front seats.

The carpet from a Toledo should fit, but it could be a pain stripping out the old carpet and fitting the replacement. Personally the carpet would have to be awful state before I’d think about doing that.

FEDNO

Nov 2, 2016
Norwegian Southcoast
Ah, Tank you for the answer! :) i think i can repair it. But i have to wait until spring time, cant be bothered reparing it in winter time with all the wet snow. Is there somewhere i can order a new one if it comes down to that?

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
You’re welcome :) Hope you manage to repair it, yes best wait until its warmer and lighter to start it.

The cars are over 10 years old so I doubt that you’d be able to buy a new carpet. It may be possible to buy a used carpet on Ebay or from a car dismantler.

FEDNO

Nov 2, 2016
Norwegian Southcoast
Ive tried looking at the dismantlers here in Norway, but none of them sells just the carpet. i also tried looking at ebay, with no luck. :(... so ill guess ill just wait and see what i do until the spring. Thanks again!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.