Changing the clock

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Despite spending 35K on a car I have to change the clock myself!
Went into the settings and Automatic was already selected. Nothing automatic about it at all.
I unticked summer time box and it knocked the hour off.
Not impressed.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Does ticking the summer time box override the auto function? What time was the radio showing?

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Does ticking the summer time box override the auto function? What time was the radio showing?
Not sure what you mean by radio showing?
Both the time in the speedo screen and the top left of the infotainment screen were showing 1 hour out this morning.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I don’t have the summer time box ticked and my time changed ok, was this the reason Maybe?

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Despite spending 35K on a car I have to change the clock myself!
Went into the settings and Automatic was already selected. Nothing automatic about it at all.
I unticked summer time box and it knocked the hour off.
Not impressed.
Yeah just seen this myself, have to admit I find it puzzling as to exactly why it was designed like this, some kinda weird "Spanish logic" maybe?😒😆

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
One thing I have noticed is the summertime check box is titled DST. Wonder what that means?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yeah just seen this myself, have to admit I find it puzzling as to exactly why it was designed like this, some kinda weird "Spanish logic" maybe?😒😆
I am guessing that the clock takes it's time from the GPS signal.

GPS time never changes - each country has to input an offset from GPS time.

For the UK GPS = GMT
To get BST ( DST ) you need to offset by 1 hour

Reactions: Tell and Fencer60

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Is the DST check box meaning it set to automatically set (set once, which will of course make the change if set on the day DST starts), or a 'manual' change needing to be set in Spring and unset in Autumn?

If it's the former, then all of you complaining you are having to set DST manually shouldn't have to do anything in the Autumn as the fact that some cars appear to be adjusting automatically means the check box is a toggle to set and remove DST when required.

Reactions: marjohn56

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
When I bought my new car in 2022 it did not change automatically in Autumn, so found the DST box ticked and undid it. Now in Spring it did not auto change again, so had to tick the box to fix time. What a load of crap that set up is.

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
When I purchased my motor, I didn't give a first, let alone a second thought about whether the clock changed for BST/GMT. I don't think I've looked at the time once in the car in a year's ownership. I only changed it today because I saw this thread and it took me a whole 3 seconds max, which bothered me in no way whatsoever.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
When I purchased my motor, I didn't give a first, let alone a second thought about whether the clock changed for BST/GMT. I don't think I've looked at the time once in the car in a year's ownership. I only changed it today because I saw this thread and it took me a whole 3 seconds max, which bothered me in no way whatsoever.
I have to change the clock in my VW - really quick and easy to do so I don’t mind it doesn’t auto update from GMT to BST and vice-versa. Having said that, the digital clock in the Vauxhall Astra I owned back in the early 1990’s did automatically update with the time change.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
When I bought my new car in 2022 it did not change automatically in Autumn, so found the DST box ticked and undid it. Now in Spring it did not auto change again, so had to tick the box to fix time. What a load of crap that set up is.
Yep same for me , had to tick the DST box. Although I love the car on the whole its things like this that are f u c k i n g ridiculous and a complete joke in this day and age. And yes the infotainment rebooted it self again today 🤯
(Apologies if you saw any rude word if it got through)

Reactions: arizla

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Yep same for me , had to tick the DST box. Although I love the car on the whole its things like this that are f u c k i n g ridiculous and a complete joke in this day and age. And yes the infotainment rebooted it self again today 🤯
(Apologies if you saw any rude word if it got through)
Such hard work to tick a box isn't it. I ticked mine today as I hadn't noticed tbh 😅.

Reactions: Hizzards and Bear

Tell

Staff member
The time is taken from satellite but Seat in the past toggled the automatic daylight time saving to off on delivery so you have to check you got the toggle correct for it to work. That is a mib2 thing that probable goes over to mib3. It's the delivery setup. You do that once and you are good to go.... except in certain instances parked in a garage where it isn't getting a satellite signal it will revert (setting isn't changed but doesn't know the date). You take it out of the garage and you find you have lost or gained an hour. Once it gets a satellite signal and after a power down cycle of 20 minutes it corrects itself or you do one of those long hold on the on / off to force a reboot. Other solution is to fumble with the setting control. This was a mib2 issue but suspect it carries across to mib3. That happens fairly often to the one we have garaged.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.