Changing the window regulator

Alrighty!

I bought my car with the passenger window not working thinking that the switch would be the cause. But I have ruled that out now since when I press the switches the motor clicks.

So I'm going to replace the window regulator. Now I know that I should search, which I have done but the threads are old and I want to be 100% sure what I'm doing as I don't have the money for a new window as well...!!

So I have the door card off and just basically wandering where to go from here? I know where the regulator is just not sure if I need to support the window, take it out or what.

So yeah any help with be much appreciated :)

23mjh

Jan 14, 2007
cardiff
i had the same problem its tricky with da glass stuck up,normally you can drop da glass to get to the bolts on the regulator which would then free the glass but obviously yours doesnt move.you will av 2 undo all the 10mm reg bolts on the door so the whole unit with the glass drops a bit then with a 10 mm spanner struggle to undo the bolts holdin the glass in,when this is done remove the glass n then you can slide the reg out.its not hard just a bit fiddly but ya gonna need a bit of patience good luck.

i had the same problem its tricky with da glass stuck up,normally you can drop da glass to get to the bolts on the regulator which would then free the glass but obviously yours doesnt move.you will av 2 undo all the 10mm reg bolts on the door so the whole unit with the glass drops a bit then with a 10 mm spanner struggle to undo the bolts holdin the glass in,when this is done remove the glass n then you can slide the reg out.its not hard just a bit fiddly but ya gonna need a bit of patience good luck.

I was worried I would have to take the glass out. How do you take it out because surely it's in the runners in the doors?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members