charge cooler vs intercooler

yellow_fever

hi thanks for looking at my thred i dont post much on here but browse the site every day and think all the threds are very intresting. basicly i was just woundering dont matter how much power any one has nobody seams to be runnig charge coolers i was going to buy one for my ibiza cupra to replace my universal intercooleri am curently runing about 200bhp but am looking in the lines of a k03 hybrid or gt28 conversion am still undecided but was just woundering if anyone would like to give there veiws on them any help would be greatfull thanks

Jamie P

May 13, 2008
Helston, Cornwall
If you're running high BHP then i would say an Charge cooler would be alot better, a big advantage over having an intercooler is that the overall size of pipe and intercooler length is smaller, which will give you better response i.e. lowers turbo lag, which will give you your peak boost faster then most FMIC set ups.

But then you have the bad points to think of, you'll have to run another radiator to cool the water from the charge cooler, extra pipe work and a pump and other plumbing etc etc.

Ive only seen it a few times, but a few people have had pump failure, thus leading to overheating and overall damage.

But by no means am i an expert... Just my two cents.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Seriously mate not having a go but just do a search with the word "charge cooler" i done the same you wont believe how much info you will find on the charge cooler...and the fmic aswell way more than can be answered in this one thread easy...::):

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise