cheap mods

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
I`m picking up my new wheels in the next week (18" TSW VOLCANOS WITH 225`40`18 YOKOHAMAS) so I`m looking for some mods that wont break the bank.It`s a mk 1`02 leon cupra- private german plates,type R ariel,cupra badge on front grill . I`m going to get it valeted & the boot de-badged, and I was thinking of a seat sport gear knob & fabia rear wiper. ANY OTHER IDEAS THAT WONT BREAK THE BANK

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
HID light upgrade is well worth the money (around £65-70).
Aftermarket stereo (£150+)
Bluetooth car kit (£70+)
Green panel filter (£30+)
Smoothed air box (Free, DIY) + Green ducting (£20)
Forge short shifter (£65ish I think)
'DogBone' Engine mounts (varies depending on which version you go for)
New front wipers (£20+)

That should get you going. Do a search for each item and you'll find plenty of info :)

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
change the bulbs to them ice blue ones
raid rear led lights look well but might be a bit pricey for u m8
not a lot more u can do to a car like that m8 as they are pretty well sorted any way

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
As well as the list above, I thought of a few more..... :D

Front strut brace (£50+)
TIP (£varies, do a search for info)
Sunglasses holder (£15ish)
New DV, ideally Forge 007P (£70)

And last but not least... a SeatCupra.net sticker :D

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
I dont really want to do any engine mods , as I`ve just paid out for a timing belt & water pump . I`m happy with the standard 180bhp I just want to freshen the car up as I plan on keeping it for a couple of years

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
In that case all the things I list in my first reply are worth doing. They will all, in their own individual way, add or change something about the car :)

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
What is the price range if i was going to get the car lowered . As I`m changing the alloys this was something I considered but as i`m a bit of a novice some advice would be appreciated i.e best value , quality etc..,when i sort out prices for mods I want to do I can decide what to do first

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
You have a few options...

You can change the springs alone. Cost would be around £300 if you get them fitted, less if you DIY.

You can change the springs and shocks together. Price starts at £400 and rises from there depending on the quality of kit.

Or, you can go for coilovers. Price starts at around £400 if you're lucky and also rises depending on quality.

Springs alone isn't the ideal way of doing things, it's more of a compromise. Springs and shocks or coilovers are the best options, but more expensive. But suspension isn't something you want to skimp on really, as it could potentially ruin the way your car drives.

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
with the short shifter , you can do that your self , i bought one from forge the other week , as i was fitting it i realised i could of just drilled a hole in the old one , look at the forum how to make ur own

Last edited:

flares

Feb 11, 2007
newport,south wales
i think lowering will have to wait a while then, I`ll see how it looks with the new alloys,has anyone fitted the altea gearknob-i`m sure i read on here that it`ll fit the leon but is 30-40 quid cheaper.Got to be careful,if I go mad the wife wont be happy...................

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members