Cheap Parking Sensors

Deleted member 23024

Hi
Dose anyone know where to get parking sensors fitted around the Leicester area at a good price just been quoted £350 from the Deal Negotiator which i think is steep

Thanks in advance

sp1derman78

Sep 12, 2007
Have you checked out the prices on the Seat accessories site?

click here

If you drive an FR then you'd want this one.

I'd try calling a few dealers quoting part number and prices from those links and see what they'll do.

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
when i called around, my local dealers were quoting about £300 to get these colour coded and fitted..

andycupra

status subject to change
Have you checked out the prices on the Seat accessories site?

click here

If you drive an FR then you'd want this one.

I'd try calling a few dealers quoting part number and prices from those links and see what they'll do.

these prices exclude fitting and are just for the parts.
so at £300 they are charging about £170 for fitting, which is not that bad for a dealer!

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
There's a thread on here somewhere about some that fit around the number plate area, so no drilling required. Costs about £60 from ebay if memory serves. Easy Fit too!

Deleted member 23024

Great so the dealer can get the parts for less than ton as that pice is quoted RRP

so im paying £250 labour for probally 1 hours work.
Im in the wrong Job!!!

Are they colour coded though.

suddenly i dont think thats worth it at all was hoping nearer to £250 i think others have had them fitted for around that

ghosty

Jun 14, 2007
essex
the sensors dont come colour coded, so guess what theres extra for that!

the price seems to depend on each dealer though, some much cheaper than others. and also ask them where they are thinking of mounting the sensors as there are differences there also you might have read. depends on whether you have a preference where you want them really..

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Are bumpers specifically designed for parking sensors these days? Are they reinforced where the holes can be drilled?
I was just wondering, because you wouldn't start drilling holes in the a-pillar would you?

Haddock

Burning Oil @ 140
Mar 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Are bumpers specifically designed for parking sensors these days? Are they reinforced where the holes can be drilled?
I was just wondering, because you wouldn't start drilling holes in the a-pillar would you?

Rear bumpers are pretty much cosmetic, just a very thin skin... (unlike the A-Pillars :) )

Chris

andycupra

status subject to change
im sure there was a thread on here where someone fitted parking sensors which didnt require drilling holes in the bumper. - It was a length of wire that fitted inside the bumper rather than individual sensors that requires drilling.

EDIT:

search for "Taurus T123P Parking Sensor" on google or here.

this fits to inside of bumper so is not visable. it works slightly differerently as it works when moving only. ie it stops beeping if you aint moving.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23024

I do like the idea of that but you can not use them in rain or heavy wind :cry:

DaveI

Oct 5, 2007
I'm considering buying an FR and the dealer offered me dealer fit ones for £250 if purchased at the same time as the car. Outer two colour coded and the inner two on the black part of the FR bumper left black.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members