chesterfield service dept, come out with more trouble than went in with :(

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
[:@] well the first time i took it in, they put a dent in the door and told me i needed a new window membrane.

so i took it in for a "all day" service. they said they would replace the membrane and knock my dent out. when i went to pick the car up the membrane has apparently been fixed BUT the dent is still clearly visable to be fair to the chap they said they would get a professional out to me ( at home or at work ) and they would fix it for me for free. so off i went in a decent mood ... untill i got home

When i got home i locked the car via the remote, i noticed that the red blinkin LEd on the drivers "doorpin" was not flashing AND when i try to open my door my door needs 2 pulls to open it when before it only needed 1 ( this is with the keys out" NOT only that! but when i unlock my car via the remote and try to open it it doesnt open! you need to pull it around 3-4 times for it to open! they told me that doing the membrane would be a door off job! so it looks as though they have put the door back on and poorly connected the electrics

what do you guys think?

im just off to ring the service depot now,

byy the way it was chesterfield autoworld

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
i'd go in there in a very unhappy mood!

take the service manager out to your car and show him what has happened to your car whilst its been at his garage!

it wants fixing at the garages expense!

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
yeah go in there and complain like hell, mention watchdog or something. your probably get a free service next time maybe more

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
o well, to be fair though they did valet my car for my trouble.

i rang them and they are picking up my car from my work and dropping it off for me aswell, i did ask for a courtesy car to thrash about in but im afraid my car will be ready in a day :p so all in all a not bad result. o and guess what my elec windows dont work either !

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
I haven't had an experience with seat servicing yet as I have only had mine 6 months but it will be due a service in a few months so we shall see how it goes. thinking I might do it myself actually, it will be cheaper

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
you cant mate it will void your warrentee ( if its in warrentee) it needs to be official seat parts ( or vw most of the time :p ) and be done by a VAT registered garage, i got mine for about 70 quid rather than the figure near 200 from seat!

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
thats nothing

seat approved the goodwill payment for when the timing chain slipped and i payed for it (may 06) in december. Got the cheque from the dealer (autoworld) about 2 weeks ago!

(there is a section on the forum for this subject btw)

mentioning watchdog is a bit ridiculous tbh! they just didnt connect a wire or two back up

BIGAR

CHESTERFAIRIAN
Feb 5, 2006
CHESTERFAIRIANLAND
Mate bin there my self at chesterfield took my Mrk 4 Cupra in for a drive shaft replacement under warranty first they ordered the shaft but not the new locking nut then took them 1 week to do it, got the car back and they had changed the wrong drive shaft, so i took it back, took 3 weeks to get the part and put it on, and they dinted my door they got to see one very angry Bigar :censored: [:@]

Last edited:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
the membrane isnt a door of job if you describing what i think you are! but the handle not opening the door will be that it is adjusted wrong (cable) the dodgey electrics could be a number of things but your led light on the door card will be that they havent plugged it in :doh:

lecy windows might not work as they are either not plugged in or the window is wrongly adjusted!

obviously the work hasnt been quality checked and raise your voice a little and get it sorted :shrug:

andydent

Jul 27, 2006
Calver
A word to the wise steer clear of autoworld all together!

The guys there tried to tell me that all the suspension components across the Ibiza range were identical and that there was no such thing as void less bushes when I asked about uneven tyre wear.

I live in Calver which is about 10 miles from auto world and went all the way to Derby for my FR and would recommend GK Seat to anyone.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Don't talk to me about Autoworld Chesterfield :(

In my personal opinion, the techs there seemed to be a bunch of ham-fisted idiots, and I would rather stick pins in my eyes than trust them with another car of mine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise