Cleaning A Freshly Painted Car

JamJay

California Bound
Fingers crossed and all being well, I should have my car back by the weekend, all lovely and resprayed.

Obviously I won't be using any abrasives for a couple of months like polish, glaze or cleaner wax but what can I do to keep the car clean and protected?

Can I wet wash as normal, any limit to how money times I can do this in a week (I have OCD)? Are Carnauba Waxes and Sealants safe (Megs Wax & Jetseal)? How about Quik Detailer?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Best thing is to get guidance from the bodyshop, some say your ok to wash after a few days, some say a week or so. It depends if they have baked the paint or not.

On the back of this advice you should be fine to use a mild shampoo solution and a wax / sealant on the paint.

I have seen results from body shops that have needed remedial work from a detailing using polishes t remove buffer trails, holograms or even light swirling / scratching from poorly used polishers. These have been fine on newly sprayed cars so what you want to do shouldnt cause any problems

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
only thing to consider about not protecting the paint with something is that the winter months are the worst for contamination and damage to the paint...

i reckon 2 weeks and the paint should be more than hard enough to put something on. even if its a light wax covering.

thats got to be better than nothing

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I dont think there will be any damage just waxing the car Jay. Do a couple of coats of wax and that should last you for 2-4 months.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
paint companies specifie 6 weeks minimum before was/sealent, or car was use, this is a good get out clause, in reality any car i have every painted, that i have waxed has never had a problem

just becareful becasue they scratch real easy