Climate control display

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Hey guys, when i turn on the ignition, the climate control displays starts flicking with all the display. but goes back to normal after for seconds! any suggestion on what this could be?

roverlander

Hi Big Lad

The climate control is telling you that you have a fault with it - probably in the air con as usual. There should be plenty of threads relating to this if you do a search.

Goz

running on the dark stuff
Oct 28, 2004
North Hampshire
Hi Mate, yeah mine did this earlier this year, air-con needed re-gassing, but turns out the compressor is gone too (very common on all VAG cars and especially if around 5 years old).:cry:
manual says take it too dealership/anyone with VAG-Com (i guess) to check error.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just had the chance to get it scanned:

Address 08 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 7M7 907 040 B
Component: CLIMATRONIC MPV GP 0003
Coding: 00010
Shop #: WSC 01317
1 Faults Found:
00792 - A/C Pressure Switch (F129)
35-00 - -

that does sound like low pressure? take a trip to your local Kwikfit branch they are doing fix it or no fee AC repair/service deal! just check on the amount of gas/oil you need? it should be on a sticker on the slam panel near the bonnet catch? the ac system on this model has known acceptable loss allowance over a set period! it could just be that and nothing more? but get it checked out to be sure and to save yourself possible further greater expence later!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.