clock change on Leon Mk1

cypher007

Jul 13, 2008
my friend has a Spanish Leon Mk1 and hes trying to fit some UK clocks to it, but they dont work. have we got to recode the new clocks to talk to the ECU? i have a VAGCOM cable and version 4 of the software, so can it be done? or are we missing something more simple? were not looking to change the milage at this point, just get the clocks working.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I was under the impression clocks need to be matched to the ECU, as you say - no idea how to do it though.

Try searching the vag com forum for it?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
What I can find from reading various manuals is: -

Dash panel stores the odometer reading. This can be adapted once only and only by adding miles.
If your second-hand panel has more miles on it than the car you are installing it in, you have to accept the greater mileage. If it has less miles then you must correct the mileage or you are guilty of clocking the car and will be prosecuted when found out.

The panel has to be coded to match the cars engine, country and equipment fit. Service interval, fuel gauge and consumption indicator functions all need to be reset. In some cases the radio anti-theft will need recoding.

The immobiliser control unit is part of the dash panel, and will need to be adapted to the ECU and all the keys will then need to be registered with the new immobilser control unit.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I don't know how much of the function of the VAG tools that VAG-com can duplicate. All the actions you need to perform are done through the diagnostic port. Best to ask on the VAG-com section, I think.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.