Closing your windows with your keyfob

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
I knew this was possible . . On my FR if you hold down the lock button, it folds in the mirrors. . . keep it held down and it closes the windows. Hold open and it opens all the windows until you let go . . .

but I thought you had to keep the lock button held down to fully close the windows. . .

WELL YOU DON'T :D

just hold it down for like two seconds until the mirrors fold in and the windows start to go up and you can let go and they close fully on their own.

just thought I'd let ya'll know in case some of you (like me) didn't realise.

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
mines a 57, first reg'd october . . .

think it might be a setting in the comfort settings / Total closure or whatever . . . I was messing about with it a while back . . if you have bluetooth have a play around with it.

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
'58 plate K1 .. Closes all windows and folds in door mirrors when locking car. Upon unlocking will drop the windows as far as you hold the button. Doesnt unfold mirrors.

Nice little feature :)

Billy_123

Jan 23, 2008
Have 08 FR no need to hold after mirrors start to fold to get the windows to completely close.

I just wish a single click folded the mirrors and closed the windows.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I'm gonna check mine later. It does close the sunroof and fold mirrors if I hold for a while and then let go. Mirrors fold back out when I start the car.

Maximus2000uk

Mine go up after I hold the button for a couple of seconds, although they dont go down unless I hold down the button.

My FR is an 07

jtr

Feb 22, 2008
I've got an 08 FR and the widows went up with mirrors and went all the way down while holding unlock. The car went in the garage and had something done to the ECU for a problem with the DPF / Coil light and came back with the window function not working. The dealer looked at it and got them going up as long as the key was held and after they played around some more got it back to normal. Was told that it can only be set through software options.

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
Following on from this.. When you get into car and put key in the ignition the mirrors unfold straight away! :)

Haven't tested to see if the sunroof closes when holding the lock button for 2secs yet. Will have a play later :)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
take it his is only mk 2 leon i have electric mirrors on my mk 1 and this does not happen for me - gutted fed up of having to close them by turning the adjuster

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
cool i didnt know this happened either :D but my windows dont go all the down when i hold the unlock button :S and i wish you could just unfold the mirrors without doing the windows.

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
cool i didnt know this happened either :D but my windows dont go all the down when i hold the unlock button :S and i wish you could just unfold the mirrors without doing the windows.

they're not supposed to. this way you can choose how much you want you windows to go down by. otherwise it would just be fully up or fully down . . .

and why would you want your mirrors to unfold on the key can I ask?

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
they're not supposed to. this way you can choose how much you want you windows to go down by. otherwise it would just be fully up or fully down . . .

and why would you want your mirrors to unfold on the key can I ask?

no i mean they dont even go all the way down even when i hold. they just go down about 2" :blink: but prehaps i was doing something wrong, i'll try again later.

i dunno i just though it would be good if u could just unfold them without doing the windows before you get into the car like. doesnt really matter i suppose cause it does it as soon as you turn on the ignition

begbie

Sep 4, 2006
My windows go down completely after letting go of the button. I've got a 56 plate Reference Sport.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members