clunking noise

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
Right new year new problem on top of having to replace my clutch soon, having to put new pads and discs on the front and 3 new tyres i have also started hearin a strange clunking noise.

When stationary and i turn the wheel u can feel the power steering kick in as revs drop but i feel and hear a clunk through the steering wheel which sounds like it is coming from the front left wheel area, it doesnt happen all the time but is becoming more apparent. Also when driving slowly going up my driveway i need to go up a dropped curb which is about an inch high, when the front left wheel goes over that i can feel more through there than i can the right wheel if that makes sense.

Any ideas?

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
check to see if you have any play in the ball joint i had a simalar noise when i went over pot holes when going slow.:shrug:

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
mine past its MOT with it rattling quite bad you would get a thin bar like a crow bar and put it between the ball joint and the wishbone (i think)and see if theres any play in it up and down if so that could be the problem bear it in mind i only watched them do it . hope that helps:shrug:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.