Clutch cable 1.4s

May 31, 2008
Hi guys, just wondered if the clutch cable on the 1.4s is a manual adjust or and automatical adjust. I got a feeling its an automatical one. Cheers guys

May 31, 2008
Thanking you m0rk, i just broke my new pedal box because i didnt replace the last one lol.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it might just be the mechanism in the clutch that needs lubing. when I changed the clutch on my old 1.4 and lubed it up, it was the best it's ever been

May 31, 2008
it might just be the mechanism in the clutch that needs lubing. when I changed the clutch on my old 1.4 and lubed it up, it was the best it's ever been

cheers :) will do that when i replace it. Any tips on when taking it out/replacing it.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
give me a yell when you do, I'll lend a hand (literally) since the box is a ******* to steady one handed while laying under the car

May 31, 2008
Hey m0rk, just wondered what i need to disasemble, to lube up the clutch mechanism?

Cheers

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I did it all on my own, and previously the hardest job I'd done (with supervision) was changing my suspension....

It's only like 24 bolts to undo, less to do up if you manage to loose some :D

May 31, 2008
I did it all on my own, and previously the hardest job I'd done (with supervision) was changing my suspension....

It's only like 24 bolts to undo, less to do up if you manage to loose some :D

how does the drive shaft come out of the gearbox and also is there any oil that needs changing?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just unbolt the driveshafts from the flanges, and off they come.

You can drain the g/box oil if you want.

May 31, 2008
Cheers, for the help. Will do that tomorow after im finished with my pedal box. Blasted clutch spring is so hard to get back in. I hurt my fingers :cry:

May 31, 2008
The end of the clutch cable wont sit on my clutch pedal when it comes back up. it keeps falling off. I have tightened the cable to max without any help. Just wondered what i need to do.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Cheers, for the help. Will do that tomorow after im finished with my pedal box. Blasted clutch spring is so hard to get back in. I hurt my fingers :cry:

Place the end of the spring on the pedal, leaving you one end to put on the pedal box frame. Use two screwdrivers, one on either side of the spring, running up to the pedal box, forming a rail / lever for it to slide up. Easy once you've got the knack ;)

May 31, 2008
Place the end of the spring on the pedal, leaving you one end to put on the pedal box frame. Use two screwdrivers, one on either side of the spring, running up to the pedal box, forming a rail / lever for it to slide up. Easy once you've got the knack ;)

Thanks for the advice, i managed to do it with my fingers again though. Looks like its all gonna have to come back off again though to get a new clutch cable in. Damn car. I still love it though.