clutch d.m.f

P.DEE

Hi had my 1.9 tdi cupra 2 weeks last week went to Penzance cornwall from chester 960 mile round trip really pleased with the performance of the car it has done 46.000. But i think the clutch could be slipping just read a lot on the forum about duel mass fly wheels failures i think i could smell burning what are the symptoms and has seat modify these parts to solve the problem looking on the forum the problem has been an issue for some time. I believe you do not have to go to seat for replacements now as other manufacturers supply clutches and flywheels and do the new parts last longer.If you where going to remap say to 180-190 would the standerd parts be ok.

Thanks Paul.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Drive along in 4,5, or 6th, at 2k RPM, and put your foot down. If the revs rise and your speed stays the same your clutch is slipping.

Some people are lucky with their clutches ( I easily did 55k on mine using REVO), some have been known to slip on standard cars with little milage. Options are to replace with a standard clutch (if your not going to remap), or pay up and get an uprated one.

Uprated ones are slightly more pricey though.

P.DEE

Thanks mate who supplies the upgraded clutches and what is the price difference do owners remap on a standard clutch. what do you think about the standard brakes.

thanks Paul.

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Thanks mate who supplies the upgraded clutches and what is the price difference do owners remap on a standard clutch. what do you think about the standard brakes.

thanks Paul.

Standard brakes work ok as long as you don't use them too much. Mine fade on the 3rd/4th stop when getting my speed down fast.

DSCF0776.jpg

I shall be putting these CRN 312mm discs on mine, with 312mm carriers and some Ferodo DS2500 pads. I've been told this is quite anice upgrade for £300.

:)

mark21

hi can i ask where you got the carriers from for your larger brakes disks and how much they cost? i dont suppose you know the size of the rear standard disks on a mk1 leon cupra tdi?

thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise