Clutch Flywheel judder

infinityraver

I recently got a remap done on my 1.9tdi toledo to 145 bhp & 280 torque. Its an 02 model with 98000 miles. After geting the remap done there is a judder at accelerating up through 3 -5 gears. i have a notion its a flywheel judder caused by the remap but woul like to see if any1 else ever had this problem an what is the best way to go about fixing it? Would a new standard clutch & flywheel stop this problem or would performance one?

infinityraver

is this when your accelleratng from low revs... ie more pressure on the clutch?

Usually starts round 2000 revs and around 60 r 70 mph. Its actually sorta stopped a bit over the past couple of days which makes me wonder if the remap just needed drive in a little to get the car used to the increased torque etc

michaelg1001

B5 S4 Avant
Jun 24, 2008
Sheffield
iv noticed this in 5th and 6th at the same kind of speed in my toledo pd150 sport with 76k, which iv just had mapped up to 189bhp and 292lb/ft. has only done it twice though and i probably wont get too worried until the clutch starts to slip. if it does go il probably go the performance clutch route if i can afford it then look for more power :D

infinityraver

iv noticed this in 5th and 6th at the same kind of speed in my toledo pd150 sport with 76k, which iv just had mapped up to 189bhp and 292lb/ft. has only done it twice though and i probably wont get too worried until the clutch starts to slip. if it does go il probably go the performance clutch route if i can afford it then look for more power :D

I was thinkin the same for when it does eventually go. I herd changing flywheels and clutches will affect the remap but i have a notion that is a load of bollocks. Plus there is the option to go for the solid mass flywheel or the dearer dual mass one. i havnt a clue what 2 do

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members