Clutch for the PD130

Mason-A3sport

New member to the forum here don't drive a seat but know a few of the lad's on here. Somebody take a look at this clutch and give opinions please, wanting a new clutch to cope with a lot more torque and a flywheel (debating whether to go single mass) preparation for hybrid turbo. £600 It's a fair bit cheaper than the Helix, and the Sachs listed on the Jabbasport website, but its a paddle clutch, any diesel owners experienced what the drive of a paddle clutch is like. Get back to me on thoughts about the paddle clutch or any other recommendation on a clutch. Thanks.

Mason-A3sport

A few people i have spoke to have said the same thing, havent spoke to anybody that has used the paddle clutch on a diesel yet, im assuming that it will be the same as a petrol though, sorry about the link your correct it wouldnt let me used a link till 15 post's and appriciate the reply :D

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Paddle clutches are a nightmare for everyday driving as they are very on/off when engaging them. Paddle clutches are cheaper then full face clutches and hold more power but are not nice clutches to use.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Im getting a 5 paddle clutch kit from CG Motorsports in Leeds made up for me, Guessing it'll be less harsh than the Helix and Sash sintered clutches as they are 4 paddle.
My car is a daily and its a plunge im willing to take, I did look into getting a smf aswel but i couldnt handle the noise and the clutch lol, so im hoping the dmf will be a little bit forgiving.

Only reason for this is that i'm hybrid and my sash organic clutch has been slightly slipping for a bit so im going for the next best thing and a new flywheel.

Recon I could sell the Uprated Sash Pressure cover? only got about 20k on it, and its the organic plate thats gone, nothing wrong with the cover :) Thinking it could offset the cost of the carametallic clutch

Mason-A3sport

I'm planning on a hybrid turbo conversions this September, already running a Milltek decat/downpipe and Milltek cat back, with green cotton filter, wanting to get as much base modifications as i can before then so its not as much of a shock when getting the bill all in one for the hybrid. So would you recommend the paddle clutch if the organic is already starting to slip? I'm going to really try to avoid the single mass conversion as i don't think i could deal with the noise, what's the next best flywheel, jabbasport again are listing a lightened dual mass....

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Recon I could sell the Uprated Sash Pressure cover? only got about 20k on it, and its the organic plate thats gone, nothing wrong with the cover :) Thinking it could offset the cost of the carametallic clutch

Why did you not fit an uprated drive disc when you had the uprated cover plate fitted? If it`s just the standard drive disc that is slipping why don`t you just fit a new uprated Sachs organic drive disc which has to be cheaper then fitting a whole new clutch unit?

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
it was the full sash organic clutch, it is the sash organic drive disk that is slipping.
Was on the phone to awesome earlier and Sarah said I could just get the sintered plate instead of another organic one to ensure no slippage.
getting new flywheel aswel (DMF) as its just hit 70k and always recommend to swap the fly when doing the clutch.

Its going to be the same price as fitting a full new clutch as on the ibiza its a gearbox out job so looking at 4hours labour anyways

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
I'm planning on a hybrid turbo conversions this September, already running a Milltek decat/downpipe and Milltek cat back, with green cotton filter, wanting to get as much base modifications as i can before then so its not as much of a shock when getting the bill all in one for the hybrid. So would you recommend the paddle clutch if the organic is already starting to slip? I'm going to really try to avoid the single mass conversion as i don't think i could deal with the noise, what's the next best flywheel, jabbasport again are listing a lightened dual mass....

Just to let you know If your planning going hybrid, Turbo dynamics have a special offer on at the moment, on hybrid turbo's is your car a pd engine a3? This offer finishes march 8th, I havent got clutch or decat either but have fmic, green filter big brakes etc, Ideally i wanted to get the clutch before turbo, but seen as this offer is only open till march 8th i'm getting turbo at the end of the month, and just won't fit it untill i get clutch sorted, as for the clutch issue, i'm just going to bite the bullet, and get helix kit which includes smf, friction disc, cover/pressure plate and slave cylinder/release bearing, as can't be bothered having to change clutches/flywheels all the time. It's £849.00 inc vat off helix off ebay, I'll be fitting mine myself though so will save abit there. My insurance is due in may so may end up having turbo not fitted for a while! as i'll be saving for clutch for 3 months, o and then custom map another £500 anyway the joys of tuning, it'l be worth it in the end!

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
Sach Sintered friction plate is £298 delivered from Awesome
and the Organic ones are about £10 more

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.