Clutch issue and brakes need replacing.

grahamd22

Hi all,

When changing gear the clutch pedal goes past the biting point but sometimes sticks and needs a little tap from behind, after a couple of quick pumps of the clutch it goes away for a little while then rears it's ugly head, any ideas all I hear about this is needing the slave cylinder and master cylinder replaced, I asked my garage to have a look and they said there doesn't seem to be any probs??:confused:

Next my disks and pads need replacing all round, should I buy them from somewhere like euro car parts and do it myself or let the pros buy and fit the gear?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Loads o questions there!!

The clutch might be the master cylinder that is behind thew pedal, check for any wetness around there or there is a plastic click that some have found that breaks
The brakes you can do your self it you have a basic mechanical awareness and armed with the guides here you'll manage nae bother
As for brakes all you need to know is that almost evryone on here are buying EBC Ultimax discs and DS2500 pads from Bill (Badger 5, he has a section)
Also do you have car mats that might be interfering with pedal movement??

grahamd22

Have had it before with other mats. Wot does the plastic clip look like as I may have chucked it out not realising what the hell it was !! Where are the brake guides mate?

CRAIGLCR

THE DADDY!!!!!
Nov 14, 2005
STOKE ON TRENT
sounds like a slave cylinder problem to me. i had this and sometimes the pedal would go right to the floor and not return, had to get my foot behind it and lift it up. if this is the case i had it done and recommend a clutch change at the same time - as the g.box has to come off.

jaime

I agree with CRAIGLCR, it sounds like the slave cylinder. i had the same sort of problem in my Beeza before I had my LCR. How olds your car? Is this a warranty job....? Maybe have a chat with your local garage if it's only just out of warranty, sometimes they will fight your corner with SEAT and replace it buck shee...?!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
It could be the slave as this is exactly what I was experiencing when the clutch was totally fecked. The clutch would slip at 2,000 rpm when accelerating and when booting it it just smoked. Unfortunately it is a very difficult one to diagnose (I think). Anyway if you think its the clutch then your better to just get it done so its off your mind.
If your not experiencing clutch slip and you can live with the pedal stuff then just start saving for a new clutch.
I just bought a Spec stage 1 with steel racing fly wheel which was £750 plus fitting

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.