Clutch Pedal Snapped! How Much?

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
After reading so many posts about clutch pedals snapping it has finally happened to mine! i was just driving into town when suddenly the pedal stuck to the floor! i managed to get the car out of gear and coast into a nearby car park, at the time i was approaching a bust set of traffic lights! im glad it happened before i had to stop for the traffic lights coz that would have been very embarrising stuck at the lights! anyway thats enough of story time!

what i want to know is how much im looking at paying to get this fixed and also is it best to get the original pedal welded up or to get a whole new 1! i was thinking about taking it to seat but im not keen on having to get a small bank loan in order to cover the bill!!!!!

any help would be great!

hadz:whistle: :think: :think:

May 2, 2006
phone them and ask

i would get your original pedal welded tho, as acidstrato said, they will only replace it with the same part, which in turn, will snap again

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
right got my car recovered to the deaker yesterday and to start they said that it was going to cost be £500 to repair! i almost fell off the bloody chair i was sitting on! they then came back to me with the more reasonable price of £215 all in! they said that its on the part that normally snaps! im havng to have a brand new pedal! any1 else had this done? the dealer said that they have never had to replace a whole pedal b4?

hadz

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
has any1 got a pick of the bit that normally snaps? the bit that has snapped on mine is a small metal bit behind a little white plastic clip!

R953 VSE

i removed mine and welded it myself a month or two ago, it sure as hell wont be snapping again! i think a new pedal only costs around £30 so £215 sounds scandalous in my opinion.

if you need any advice on taking it off yourself give me a shout as its still fresh in my head.

R953 VSE

Clutchpedal.jpg

hadz

Jan 30, 2005
West Sussex
what year is your car? have u got a cable clutch? that kind off looks at the same bit that has gone on mine! does the white plastic clip sit infront of the bit that has snapped in that pic?

R953 VSE

its a 2000 x reg. as far as im aware none of them are cable clutches.

the bit that you can see that has flapped open is where the little white plastic clip goes. it eventually came off altogether and i now have an L shape welded over the hole and down the side of the box.

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
Hi all, i stumbled upon this post and decided to go check out my car as I've been hearing some dodgey noises when pressing the clutch and was hoping it was lack of lube.

No luck however, this is how mine looks..... :S

IMG_5840Large.jpg

Does anyone know if I can just weld this up? I'm assuming replacing the part will just lead to the same problem in a few years.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the pedals? I cant afford to take it to a garage and are going to have to risk driving on it in the meantime. Looks like I'll be getting my hands dirty after the GP tomorrow.

Cheers
JAmes

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
It supports the bit that pulls the cable (black bit on left with white thing). When you press the pedal in it flexes causeing the cable not to be pulled straight downwards.

The pedal is the vertical bar on the left hand side

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
Yeah its cable driven, 1.4s, engine AKK, gearbox DXK.

I think the hydrallic ones use that hole near the bottom of the pic?

I'll take some more pics tomorrow, but i might go ahead and rip it appart right away, its feeling really bad and its holding the clutch open a bit, i need to put my foot under the pedal and pull it back up and I know that it must be fatiuging the metal a beast.

Cheers
JAmes

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
Techie can you offer any advice on removing it? I really dont want to have to shell out big bucks for labour and I'm willing to give it a bash.

Its really bad now. I'll have to stop using the car for now.

Cheers
JAmes

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.