Clutch pedal springs down when I push it and then won't come back up.

Oct 10, 2020
Clutch hasn't been right for a while, kept sticking down a while ago while driving however has been daily ok recently. Yesterday it started clicking when going down and coming back up and today when I've gone to go for a drive it won't engage and just sticks down. I've recorded a video:
I believe it's probably the master cylinder but I could be wrong. Do you guys have any ideas?

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
I had the same issue with my fr184, not to that extent though, was intermittent. Most of the time (judging by the forums) it’s the slave cylinder, but mine was a failing master cylinder. Worth having a look around the car to see if it’s leaking any clutch/brake fluid and check the reservoir level too. Hopefully you see something otherwise it’s change parts until it’s fixed. Fingers crossed it’s not slave cylinder as that’s box out :confused:

Reactions: X333rn
Oct 10, 2020
I had the same issue with my fr184, not to that extent though, was intermittent. Most of the time (judging by the forums) it’s the slave cylinder, but mine was a failing master cylinder. Worth having a look around the car to see if it’s leaking any clutch/brake fluid and check the reservoir level too. Hopefully you see something otherwise it’s change parts until it’s fixed. Fingers crossed it’s not slave cylinder as that’s box out :confused:

Luckily no leaks and dot 4 level is high. Ordered a new master cylinder and will be attempting to fit when it gets here. Wish me luck!

Reactions: Jay5959

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Luckily no leaks and dot 4 level is high. Ordered a new master cylinder and will be attempting to fit when it gets here. Wish me luck!
Aye good luck mate, hopefully that sorts it out. I know how horrible it can be driving and the clutch pedal go on you!

Jay5959

FR 184
Apr 26, 2020
Just happy it only went on the drive. Meant to be going on a trip in a week ?
That’s lucky, on the drive I mean not the trip next week..........it could be sorted by then though (y). Mine went when joining the m60, to say it was a bit of an inconvenience would be an understatement:LOL:

Oct 10, 2020
For anyone else that has had the same issue, I bled the clutch line and there was A LOT of air in it. Works better now it's been bled but still sticks a little. Will be replacing the master cylinder at the weekend.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.