Clutch pedal switch?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I have a fault on my car which (i cant remember it exactly) says clucth pedal sensor - implausable signal (or something along those lines).

Anyway, I went to SEAT to get the part and they told me that It was the brake switch I was after not the clutch. They said there was not one for the clutch.

My EPC light has been coming on and the car feels less powerfull than before.

My question is, are SEAT right about the brake switch? It seems weird vagcom tells me the clucth and SEAT said brake.

I did explain the fault that came up but they seem adamant its the brake switch im after.

Thoughts appreciated.............:)

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
There is a clutch switch.

I thought there was, so what the fk are SEAT on about then telling me its the brake switch

The guy even said to me, I gurantee you its the brake switch. :rolleyes:

For anyone thats bothered, it was Emmer Green SEAT in Reading. I dont use them for any work, I just needed the part and didnt know where else to get one from.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
could always try another dealer to get the part number then take it to your local one -

although it might have just been called brake switch but is actullaly a clutch one -

when i ordered a n75 from dealer - packaging was stating it was a Dump valve -

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Have a look on your clutch pedal arm, the switch may well have popped out of its mounting.

No its deffo broke, I had my clucth replaced before christmas and the guys that did the work said then I would need it replacing.

Is it only SEAT i can get the part from?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Check your switch first, as yopu may not even need a new one. If the switch is in place then get the part number off it (its written along the top near the plug).

Pretty sure its a SEAT only part, but they do exist, i've bought 2.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
when i ordered a n75 from dealer - packaging was stating it was a Dump valve -

:wtf:????

To be fair, SEAT did give me the Brake Switch for nothing.

Bit of a stupid question here but, Could the brake and clutch switch be the same as eachother?

Beaker said:
Check your switch first, as yopu may not even need a new one. If the switch is in place then get the part number off it (its written along the top near the plug).
-

Ok Beaker, cheers. Will do.

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
Cheers mate. Is it only SEAT you can get the part from do you know?

ETKA shows Audi's (a4, a6, a8, rs4) use the part as well.. Go to VW or Audi garage or probably GSF or EuroCarParts although I've not searched them yet.

I have experience of trying to get a service at that garage years ago.. over the odds and my car didn't have a history with them which seemed to be an issue to them as well!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.