cobra exhausts?

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
Got my cobra cat back non res fitted the noise is just right for me very happy but im not to happy with how it sits in the bumper its a tad low and sits to the right (lc with big bumpers) but i must day the pics posted on here look like they fit better than mine?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
I had the same problem, I modded the second exhaust mount so I could use Powerflex mounts. You can also replace the second one with a Cupra R mount (shorter and stiffer). I also wedged the last mount with a piece of rubber, so it sits fastened and cannot move a lot to the left or right.

Powerflex Universal Exhaust mount by AndyRamdin / ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Before & After shorter Powerflex by AndyRamdin / ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Before & After mount by AndyRamdin / ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

I will try to find the pic from the uprated Cupra R mount, should be somewhere in this thread

Reactions: chrispcupre

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
I had the same problem, I modded the second exhaust mount so I could use Powerflex mounts. You can also replace the second one with a Cupra R mount (shorter and stiffer). I also wedged the last mount with a piece of rubber, so it sits fastened and cannot move a lot to the left or right.

Powerflex Universal Exhaust mount by AndyRamdin / ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Before & After shorter Powerflex by AndyRamdin / ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

Before & After mount by AndyRamdin / ND-Photo.nl, on Flickr

I will try to find the pic from the uprated Cupra R mount, should be somewhere in this thread

Thanks for the advice my second exhaust rubber from the tail pipe back was stretched and doing nothing so for now i have fitted a cable tie around it to lift the exhaust a bit higher and the first mount next to the tail pipe i moved the hanger through the rubber (past the inside stop)towards the left side of the car and fitted a small jubilee clip on the hanger to stop it moving back now it looks alot better now :rolleyes:

rydogg09

lcr ry
Feb 5, 2012
sounds good mate what system is that exactly? and dies anyone know if the mk1 cupra sports cats are the same as the lcr?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Sounds good. Not as loud as I thought it would be which is a good thing. Your DV is pretty loud tho. What you done to it to make it that loud???

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Lol I have no idea buddy. 2 of my friends have had remapped LCRs and both of them aren't as loud as mine. My friend was green with envy when I took him out in mine. It dumped louder with original exhaust tbh.

All I've really done is DV refurb, open cone, TIP, N249 bypass, and debaffled charge pipe?!!!

As I said. Sound is even-ing out alot now. Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

CupraCraig225

May 11, 2012
Leicester...ish
Have been to Sheffield today to have my exhaust fitted. Only cat-back for now, decided to go resonated with baffle. Slash cut oval. Now I cannot rate the workmanship, build quality and customer service enough. Highly recommend!

There is no cabin drone at all even at a 'healthy' cruise on the motorway. Now I want expecting much drone with a cat-back res to be honest but its better than I thought it would be. It's fairly quiet up to about 3k revs, after that with turbo singing, it sounds awesome! :D

Anyway will post various videos when I have time to fix my camera (hopefully not too long). Will post them here when I do [B)]

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
CupraCraig - wtf lol. I've been patiently waiting on you fitting the exact exhaust I've been interested in just to hear the noise and you go the total opposite way at the last min lol. DAM YOU MAN.

Dolby - I think it's the n249 bypass that's made I louder. I was gonna do it to mine but I've ready to many threads about people having problems once it's been done.

CupraCraig225

May 11, 2012
Leicester...ish
CupraCraig - wtf lol. I've been patiently waiting on you fitting the exact exhaust I've been interested in just to hear the noise and you go the total opposite way at the last min lol. DAM YOU MAN.

Dolby - I think it's the n249 bypass that's made I louder. I was gonna do it to mine but I've ready to many threads about people having problems once it's been done.

I no mate I bottled it last minute lol :cry:. I figured if I ever go decat I will be glad for the silencer. It still sounds good mind. Just not too loud, perfect in my honest opinion.

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
@cupracraig
How long will it be before there is a video of exhaust!? Want to order mine this week and see what resonated cat back sounds like :D

Matty1986

Jun 26, 2012
North East
Sounds nice that for the resonated cat-back, thought it would be really quite. Think that's my mind made up then, see how it goes then eventually get de-cat ;)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Lol I have no idea buddy. 2 of my friends have had remapped LCRs and both of them aren't as loud as mine. My friend was green with envy when I took him out in mine. It dumped louder with original exhaust tbh.

All I've really done is DV refurb, open cone, TIP, N249 bypass, and debaffled charge pipe?!!!

As I said. Sound is even-ing out alot now. Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

De-baffled charge pipe will certainly aid the dump noise as the car may spool up slightly earlier than a non-baffled pipe. I found my N249 bypass also made it more vocal too when I did mine.