Coding / adapting / parameterisation of facelift LED headlight module

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Evening all,

Anyone got any experience or knowledge regarding the LED modules that control the headlights on a facelift Leon? I have purchased a damaged Leon which had 1 headlight missing, I've purchased a headlight and an LED module with the same part number but the new headlight is in emergency mode, so no DRL, indicator or main beam.

I understand this is because the module needs adapting, but not sure how this is done. Is this something done via VCDS? Also, are left and right headlights coded differently or will the new headlight module need to be the same as each other?

Cheers

Jan 13, 2023
Sorry to jump on your thread fella but I have a similar issue, I’m based in west wales so cant get to you @East Yorkshire Retrofits, can you point me in the right direction? I have a seat exeo that has previously had a front end bump, the passenger headlight hid xenon has been swapped out. I’m not getting high beam since I brought the car. Wandering what has to be changed in which control module? Ccm? Also have another issue that may be related. I open the drivers door and the dash icon says the passenger door is open? And vice versa. Rear doors don’t do this. Could it have had a left hand drive ccm put into it in the past?

Sorry to jump on your thread fella but I have a similar issue, I’m based in west wales so cant get to you @East Yorkshire Retrofits, can you point me in the right direction? I have a seat exeo that has previously had a front end bump, the passenger headlight hid xenon has been swapped out. I’m not getting high beam since I brought the car. Wandering what has to be changed in which control module? Ccm? Also have another issue that may be related. I open the drivers door and the dash icon says the passenger door is open? And vice versa. Rear doors don’t do this. Could it have had a left hand drive ccm put into it in the past?
Give me a message, I have some body who can assist in West Wales 🙂

Mar 8, 2024
Evening all,

Anyone got any experience or knowledge regarding the LED modules that control the headlights on a facelift Leon? I have purchased a damaged Leon which had 1 headlight missing, I've purchased a headlight and an LED module with the same part number but the new headlight is in emergency mode, so no DRL, indicator or main beam.

I understand this is because the module needs adapting, but not sure how this is done. Is this something done via VCDS? Also, are left and right headlights coded differently or will the new headlight module need to be the same as each other?

Cheers
Hi all, I have a Leon fr 1.5 tsi 2019 I brought a headlight and the same problem you have I do it I was literally just about to buy another one from eBay for 290 counter offer luckily I found you guys in time you’ve save me a lot of money thank you all hoping it goes well when coded fingers crossed. Ps( passenger headlight, main dipped bean and just the indicator) have a great day everyone

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.