Coil spring replacement ??

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
Offside front coil spring snapped. Question is, is it ok to replace just the one or should i replace both? Something in my mind saying it won't sit right due to wear and tear if i do the one........ or is that rubbish????

Thanks in advance

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Replace them both, no doubt. You might not notice the difference visually, but your car might misbehave at exactly the wrong time.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
It's always safe to replace both but really depends on your mileage and the circumstances of how it broke.

One of mine went at about 25k (think I hit a pothole) and the garage advised jutstto replace the broken one as the other would have a bit of life left. They aren't too expensive though about £60 for the part if I remember.

cmc

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
That's cool got the two purchased anyway, just wanted to make sure. Leon is at 106k now and so its wear and tear really. Its having its last service/MOT now and then its going to be traded in........going to hate it going though had plenty of cars but the Leon was my first car i truly loved driving and still do......

leafy

Took my Cupra for its MOT today and it failed due to a broken coil spring. They are replacing it but its costing me £157.29!!!! plus the £54 for the MOT. I'm not a happy bunny. There's loads of potholes and speed bumps near where I live. Maybe I'll start to take the longer route now. :-(

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Took my Cupra for its MOT today and it failed due to a broken coil spring. They are replacing it but its costing me £157.29!!!! plus the £54 for the MOT. I'm not a happy bunny. There's loads of potholes and speed bumps near where I live. Maybe I'll start to take the longer route now. :-(

Or slow down? ;)

You should see the A52 in Derby, I've seen coal mines in Wales dug to a shallower depth than some of the potholes...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.