Coilies and ARB's combo?

jamiebennett81

in addition to my coil over thread, I am asking about ARB's as well now

I have read that alot of people sometimes recommend uprated ARB's over a suspension upgrade

But as well as the coilovers I have just ordered, I am now thinking of doing the ARB's as well

however I am cautious of making the car too "rigid" on the standard roads and I am asking if anyone on here has a coilover and ARB's setup and if they can offer their advice on this

is it worth doing both for an ultimate setup, or just stick with one as I dont want to make the car too bumpy, or what I suspect is if it is too rigid then there will be alot of understeer from it being too hard :confused:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
If you're getting coilovers, I would just go for a Neuspeed 25mm rear and leave the front.

Ruddmeister will be along in a bit to tell you otherwise - he did do a big thread on his suspension mods, maybe you could have a read?

jamiebennett81

thanks guys, just read up on that and a fantastic guide, thanks Rud

Looking at the Neuspeed kit, that is seriously expensive!

Neuspeed Front Anti Roll Bar (not LCR) 25mm SU-ARB-NEU-GO4B £185
Neuspeed Rear Anti Roll Bar 28mm SU-ARB-NEU-GO4A £195

ouch!!, but going on what Rud says, its definitely worth the money

so I think at the end of this month...the ARB's will be on order!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
If you're getting coilovers, I would just go for a Neuspeed 25mm rear and leave the front.

Ruddmeister will be along in a bit to tell you otherwise - he did do a big thread on his suspension mods, maybe you could have a read?

LOL thanks Phil.....

Well it's all down to personal taste and preference.........I have taste you don't :cartman: .......only Kidding!

jamiebennett81 said:
thanks guys, just read up on that and a fantastic guide, thanks Rud

Looking at the Neuspeed kit, that is seriously expensive!

Neuspeed Front Anti Roll Bar (not LCR) 25mm SU-ARB-NEU-GO4B £185
Neuspeed Rear Anti Roll Bar 28mm SU-ARB-NEU-GO4A £195

ouch!!, but going on what Rud says, its definitely worth the money

so I think at the end of this month...the ARB's will be on order!

What car have you got Jamie, your profile says 'Leon' which doesn;t narrow things down.

ARB kits for all Leons excluding the LCR are cheap'ish.......the LCR has an awkward setup and the Neuspeed kit is just about the only one that works?

If you have an LCR does it have the std exhaust?

jamiebennett81

LOL thanks Phil.....

Well it's all down to personal taste and preference.........I have taste you don't :cartman: .......only Kidding!

What car have you got Jamie, your profile says 'Leon' which doesn;t narrow things down.

ARB kits for all Leons excluding the LCR are cheap'ish.......the LCR has an awkward setup and the Neuspeed kit is just about the only one that works?

If you have an LCR does it have the std exhaust?

thanks for the reply Rudd and sorry for the vagueness!

I have a 2001 Leon Cupra (pre facelift) and it has a full Blueflame TB exhaust

I dont want my car wont to go below the 35mm mark (coilover minimum), but reading from yours I will need the ARB's (or adjustable drop links) at least so the exhaust or anything else does not knock on anything

reading your review, I think my worries have been laid to rest, as I thought coilies and arb's would make the car too stiff and understeer (and bump around on the lot as if with the wrong setup with springs etc), but I see from your review it is quite the opposite, and really helps with a sharper turn in and less body roll.....so thanks, I am sold:)

any other points or advice you may have please?:D

oh and you have just spent another £400 on my money! doh!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
thanks for the reply Rudd and sorry for the vagueness!

I have a 2001 Leon Cupra (pre facelift) and it has a full Blueflame TB exhaust

I dont want my car wont to go below the 35mm mark (coilover minimum), but reading from yours I will need the ARB's (or adjustable drop links) at least so the exhaust or anything else does not knock on anything

reading your review, I think my worries have been laid to rest, as I thought coilies and arb's would make the car too stiff and understeer (and bump around on the lot as if with the wrong setup with springs etc), but I see from your review it is quite the opposite, and really helps with a sharper turn in and less body roll.....so thanks, I am sold:)

any other points or advice you may have please?:D

oh and you have just spent another £400 on my money! doh!

Well you have a few more options on ARB's than the LCR owners, now the LC setup is far more MK1V Golf so H&R and Eibach do Front & Rear kits for the LC.
Buying 2 saves money and good results so I hear.

Pabs did a DIY fitting guide for the ARB's too, rear is a piece of cake front is a fair bit more fiddly....have a search in the guides section.

Neuspeed ARB's offer different sizes and more options, the quality is excellent too.....buying the kits gives less flexbility :shrug: horses for courses I guess ;)

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

Well you have a few more options on ARB's than the LCR owners, now the LC setup is far more MK1V Golf so H&R and Eibacj to name but two do kits for the LC.

Buying 2 saves money and good results so I hear.

Pabs did a DIY fitting guide for the ARB's too, rear is a piece of cake front is a fair bit more fiddly....have a search in the guides section.

Neuspeed ARB's offere different sizes and more options, the quality is excellent too.....buying the kits gives less flexbility :shrug: horses for course I guess ;)

excellent, thanks for your help Rudd

I think I will go for the Neuspeed kits as you cannot beat them for quality!:)

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
it should be interesting to see what issues i come across with coilovers, but on the highest setting
dont want it slammed so they will be as high as they go when i get round to fitting

jamiebennett81

it should be interesting to see what issues i come across with coilovers, but on the highest setting
dont want it slammed so they will be as high as they go when i get round to fitting

why dont you get just the adjustable links then as well Rik...just in case?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise