cold air pipes! where is yours fitted

KENWA

Don't Crash It Hurts
Sep 5, 2005
Hi,

I am currently in the process of modifying the 'bottom grill' section in the front facelift bumper. It's not the mesh piece where the original seat badge was but the piece underneath the bumper. I have fibreglassed the end section (nearest drivers side), leaving a 50 mm inlet. I then cut out all of the other plastic pieces within. I am going to mesh where the plastic pieces were. Not got around to spraying it up yet, but im gunna finnish off the hole with a 50mm dia rubber section. The flexible pipe will then connect to the back of this and run up behind the radiator and aim at the K&N.

ll post a pic when i finnish it if you like. Its looking pretty good.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
isnt it better to have the cold air pipe higher up the car i.e. headlight level so that it doesnt suck up so much crap?

In theory, yes, but getting a decent airflow from in front of the radiator can be a problem due to access problems.

With a low intake, just need to be careful when driving through deep puddles.

KENWA

Don't Crash It Hurts
Sep 5, 2005
Ive put a circular mesh about a quart way up the pipe to stop big chunks of dirt flying onto the filter and the belts.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
On my old Beezer (K&N filter fitted) I had a cold air pipe run down to the bottom splitter ...drivers side.. never had any water ingres /problems at all. :)

Electro Ted

GTi Ted
Dec 15, 2006
Wokingham, Berks
Not sure if this is of any use, but K&N suggest a place in their installation instructions for their induction kit:

http://www.kandn.com/instructions/57-0254.pdf

coldairfeed.jpg

Looks a bit poo in my opinion!!

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
cheers guys
my biggest fear has been water and having a low pick up as iwill be doing lots of track days this year and some road rallys which i mite take it off for.

Electro Ted

GTi Ted
Dec 15, 2006
Wokingham, Berks
Just an idea but.. how about sourcing a second bonnet and install a bonnet vent and use that for the track and rally days and use the other for day to day?

Might not be worth having to change the bonnet frequently though..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members