colour magic/chipstick

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
any one had any experience of the above i have a platinum grey cupra with a few chips and small scratches in it, they do a colour for all types of silver, do we think this will match or be miles off?

ive done it on the missus car, red, and it worked a treat?

also does it do plastic bumpers, i have a scuff where some t$%t scuffed past the rear bumper, i thas gone to the primer?

cheers

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The problem with chip sticks is that the coating eventually wears off. I'd be more inclined to get a scratch/dent removal firm to have a look and get it sorted professionally. All comes down to cost though.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
The problem with chip sticks is that the coating eventually wears off. I'd be more inclined to get a scratch/dent removal firm to have a look and get it sorted professionally. All comes down to cost though.

yeah it suppose to last for 25 washes, even if it lasts 10 then its worth it for me, the scratches aint that bad, its the bumper scuff that is, also the colour match

do you think the all types of silver would be okay and suitable for the bumper?

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
No as platinum is grey and silver is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Deleted member 20376

i use the black one on mine covers the scrathes and swirls well. its a bitch to get off if u put it on too thickly tho.

Deleted member 20376

ive onyl seen turtle wax that do it. they do special metalic polish for silver/grey cars. try using a small bit of the silver on the car where it cant be seen too much see how it turns out.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
not too keen if it aint gonna work, anyone else seen any other similar products?

need a stone chip/scratch filler then a high gloss wax to remove.

any other products that work well on bumper scuffs

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You could try adding some black colour magic to the silver to make it grey.
I did this with my old car but that was dark blue, the normall blue wax was too light.
Have you tryed T cut on the scuff

Deleted member 20376

be careful with t-cut tho can be a abd thing if its done wrong.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise