Colour Matching Halogen to Xenon

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
Hi,

Loving my Xeonons but hate the yellow side lights, foglights and supplemental main beams...

Has anyone with Xenons colour matched the other bulbs and if so, what bulbs did you use?

Thanks,

fM

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Hi,

Loving my Xeonons but hate the yellow side lights, foglights and supplemental main beams...

Has anyone with Xenons colour matched the other bulbs and if so, what bulbs did you use?

Thanks,

fM

arent the xenon high beams included in the optional upgrade upgrade for the fr (and others), like the cupra, hence BI xenon?

agree the side lights are pants.

john_ach

Apr 25, 2006
Get philips blue vision side lights. They look pure white, vast improvement over the comparative yellow hue I noticed after upgrading my bulbs to philips extreme +80% bulbs.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
I have tried fitting the led sidelights I took out of my old leon, but they don`t seem to want to work in the new one:shrug:
I only briefly tried when changing the indicators to silver. Will try again when I get round to it.... I thought it was the cars electronics not accepting the difference in voltage or something:confused:

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Polarg M4 are the one's you want for sidelights - not LED so doesnt bother the computer thinking a bulbs out (if the new Leon has this feature).

I got some from ebay - clicky

Here is a pic of someone in the states with them to give you an idea of colour.
IMG_0115Medium.jpg

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
arent the xenon high beams included in the optional upgrade upgrade for the fr (and others), like the cupra, hence BI xenon?

agree the side lights are pants.

Yes, the gate lifts *slightly* on the Xenon when you put main beam on but there is a 'supplemental' halogen that comes on... or at least thats how I read the manual. Will be out later to look for sure!

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Yes, the gate lifts *slightly* on the Xenon when you put main beam on but there is a 'supplemental' halogen that comes on... or at least thats how I read the manual. Will be out later to look for sure!

Thats exactly how they work. The halogen bulbs do contribute quite a bit to the full beam as when you swich them on the road gets a yellow tint compared to before.

I have tried the Philips blue vision side lights and they are less yellow than the standard halogen but still look yellow compared to the Xenon next to it.

I also put in some 50% uprated Osram H1 bulbs in the supplemental halogen main beam light and now I can see for miles on main beam:)

Last edited:

foon

I thought the halogens were just for flashing, 'cos the bixenenons are too slow from cold. I haven't noticed them on main beam.
I'll have a look tomorrow morning.

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I thought the halogens were just for flashing, 'cos the bixenenons are too slow from cold. I haven't noticed them on main beam.
I'll have a look tomorrow morning.

Nope, the halogens come on too.

I know because my xenons were broke and re-fused to "pop-up" when on main beam so all it did was get slightly brighter with a yellow tint until the garage fixed them.

Alfredog4

Oct 31, 2007
Dominican Republic
How about Philips Diamond for the side lights? which ones look the most like Xenons? but not that Dark Blue xenon, but the more Factory looking White-Blue xenon...

That's what I want for the side lights, the factory looking xenon colour

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
How about Philips Diamond for the side lights? which ones look the most like Xenons? but not that Dark Blue xenon, but the more Factory looking White-Blue xenon...

That's what I want for the side lights, the factory looking xenon colour

The blue vision are supposed to look more like Xenons than the Diamond ones. I'd imagine it will be hard to find a halogen bulb that looks like a Xenon when sitting next to the real thing. (see my earlier post).:(

Stuart 528

Oct 8, 2007
Personally I dont rate the Phillips, PIAA Extreme White sidelights are much more white/blue than the Phillips Blue Vision

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.