Cone filter??

seddi

Hi all, ive been told that fitting a cone filter on my cupra will make it so i will hear my forge 007p recirculating dump valve, is this correct?

If this is correct which fliter is the best one to buy, i.e cotton green, jabba, dyno twist etc?

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I've seen alot of threads about the jetex filters recently. Mine is on the kitchen table at the minute and should be fitted tomorrow so i'll know by then.

footlong

Oct 12, 2007
South yorkshire
Yep you sure will hear it. It won't be as load as an atmospheric bov, but you'll hear it. Some go for Jetex. I personally went for "Green" and bought a cylinder filter. My advice is go as big as you can but stay away from foam. if you go onto Greens website the filters are shown as a diagram with the 3 dimensions of size. When you fit it, arrest it in place with anything you can cos MAF sensors are very sensitive to movement. Your car will sound miles better with a cone or cylinder filter. Well worth 10mins effort. I'm happy with mine.
Oh, don't over oil the filter either. no oil is better than too much.

seddi

thanks chaps, where will i get a jettex from? i take it these are cone filters as i have a jettex pannel filter in at the moment.

also are they easy to fit?

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
go to jetexs website you want the biggest 1 dant remember the part num but its rated 2 bout 320 bhp i think its massive its a cylindrical 1 u want not a cone that goes smaller at the tip

footlong

Oct 12, 2007
South yorkshire
70mm Neck. Piece of piss to fit. you may decide on a silicone elbow to get cooler air from near the wing, but remember to move all the original plastic and rubber ducting from inside the wing cos it will be a little bit of a hinderance for the air flow. I chose not to push the filter all the way into the wing as it's big time dirty in there.

seddi

ha ta. how much of a noise will i hear from the dv, will u be able to hear it from outside the car?

seddi

yeah my car is mapped to stage 2, so should i hear a good noise even from a recirculating dv?

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I run a bmc filter but recently disconnected the cold air feed about 2 inches from the housing. It now makes some serious noises and the dump is loads louder!

seddi

Buzzin, thankz all for the help, hopefully with the sai removed and the jetex strapped on ill hear the dump. i hope so.

ta again!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members