Convenience unit faulty??

ntvrman

Sep 22, 2006
i've been having a problem with my electric windows - after driving for about ten minutes they don't work any longer and the light behind the switches falshes. i've since found that using the central locking switches seem to reset it. Therefore as it was under warranty i put it in to have it checked out, but was advised that it needed the convenience unit replaced - but this wasn't covered under the warranty. I have just won a replacement on Ebay, now i need to know where it's located and how to remove the panels to get at the old one??.

(Is there anyone that could help???) :shrug:

ntvrman

Sep 22, 2006
I've contacted SEAT Uk they advise that this is to do with the warranty company, some cover it - but unfortunately mine doesn't.
What i now need is someone to point me in the right direction as to how to replace it.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
some cover it - but unfortunately mine doesn't.
What i now need is someone to point me in the right direction as to how to replace it.

ahh i guess it isnt less than 3yrs old then no ?

parts diagram lists is as upper left dashboard/scuttle area on a metal plate but as they are usually LHD drawings its most likely top right instead on a UK car

not seen/replaced one myself but looks to be somewhere close if it helps

1c0959799e something or other

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.