Cool running? thermostat?

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
My car runs at 90 all of the time and basically stays there same as my vw and others ive had driven. when left to idle not going anywhere for around 5- 10 mins. the fan kicks in for just a few seconds then goes off. the temperature doesnt rise on the gauge. waterpump has been done just over 1k ago. the car is remapped so i imagine it runs a bit hotter, the turbo etc so that is making it warmer.

what could i do or what has everybody else done to keep the temp down a tiny bit ?

have any of you also experienced this?

i have seen cool running thermostat on awesome gti and a fan switch
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/section.php?xSec=349&xPage=4

it says something about 3 pin connector aswell, would i have to use this ? any other options to get slightly cooler runing

demons uk

I'm not spec'd up on the Cupra r but in general to get the car cooler you can use a thermostat that will open at a lower temp (often diesel thermostats open at lower temps and fit the same as petrol engined cars, they cost a lot less then the 'special low temp' ones to though i can't confirm that for the Cupra, would have to ask GSF)

I've got one of those fan switch's in my old golf, works a treat.

If you want to spend penny's then just get a cheap switch and some wire and you can make your own manual fan switch and mount it under the dash somewhere, me and all my mates all have one but then again thats more of an old school motoring thing in R5 GTT's and GTI's.

Your idea's seem to be fine, but the car isn't actually running hot is it? 90 is operating temperature?

turbin

I got that 180F. stat for my LCR as I had some succsess with that on my Z28, but made no difference. 90C opeeration is great bidness.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
thanks for the response. saved me a bit of money and time! and i guess ur right. thats the running temperature and it may upset the ecu

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.