Cordoba 2.0sx Juddering

bens328

Hi,

I have a cordoba 2.0sx and from cold or if it has been running for some time it judders even if you are on the motorway....?

Any ideas?

bens328

Hi,

Its really quite violent it never cuts out just heavily judders cant work out where the noise is coming from as its ok on idle just when on the move after a bit of hard accellaration its ok although its got worse lately...?

I have noticed a knocking noise coming from by the rear drivers side wheel area although I just put this down to the exhaust as it been lowered but again that has got worse lately but it maybe a co-insidence...?

Cheers

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
how i no this sounds stupid (it happened on my m8s golf when he changed his susspnsion) i undid his wheels nuts on N/S front and we could not get the top mount loose so he left the front shocks untill the day after and we put allthe center caps back onto his bbs, forgetting id undone the nuts and all way home car was nocking, fine on idle and slow speeds, as he acclelerated it was louder etc..... so check the nuts and all the botls around the susspension.

alternativly it could be the exhaust has come loose, i no mine has jus cba putting rubbers back on lol, other than that i cant really think of anything else except when driving at high speeds does you steering wheel move or pull in any way???

Novataken

8v on Bike carbs ;)
Jul 30, 2008
Scunthorpe
if its the engine that judder's the car you could have a throttle body full of crap? Do you have panel filter? could need cleaning and re-oiling

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
if its the engine that judder's the car you could have a throttle body full of crap? Do you have panel filter? could need cleaning and re-oiling

On a corrado this happened, the throttle body was filthy, also it was getting a lean code from the oxygen sensor, air filter was filthy also and plugs carbonned up ie overfuelling.

So I agree with above, id clean and check everything you can ignition etc.

then check fault codes if any.

I think also check vacuum pipes, air hoses, electrical connectors, battery terminals.

This is a common issue on google but without one exact answer, so its a case of eliminating im afraid.

btw I dont think we changed the temp sensor, might be worth disconnecting that while running, if its working the engine note should change.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.