Correct Tyre Pressures?

will-225

Well I'm sure I read some where in the manual that it was 33psi front & 30psi rear but I had my 2 rear tyres changed today & the guy said that they should be 26psi rear & 29psi front...so what is the correct pressure for standard LCR 18"s?

Cheers

Will

will-225

Thanks for the replies, nothing in the fuel cap & still can't see it in the manual for the LCR 18"'s!

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Mine's a FR TDI and in the fuel filler cap it says 33/33 unladen.
Thats for the standard 17" lcr style wheels.
I've now changed to 18" lcr wheels and am running the same pressures.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Yep - I do 33 all round and try to keep it that way each week, although when i go back to regulate it at the petrol station, they tend to have all increased to 35-37... I'm sure that there is an explanation, something about temperature/volume/pressure but anyway....

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Yep - I do 33 all round and try to keep it that way each week, although when i go back to regulate it at the petrol station, they tend to have all increased to 35-37... I'm sure that there is an explanation, something about temperature/volume/pressure but anyway....
You should leave at least 1 hour between driving and checking tyres pressure.
Hot tyres give a higher reading.
The LCR should be 33PSI cold.

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
You should leave at least 1 hour between driving and checking tyres pressure. Hot tyres give a higher reading. The LCR should be 33PSI cold.

by 'driving' do you mean for a sustained period, because i'm goign to have to get the petrol station arent I... I guess you mean dont do it after driving around all day or back from work. i guess a couple of minutes drive to the local station wont make too much diff.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
To be 100% you are inflating to the correct pressure you should do this without any driving.
Halfords sell tyre pressure tools.
Don't trust the petrol station gauges

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
Well I'm sure I read some where in the manual that it was 33psi front & 30psi rear but I had my 2 rear tyres changed today & the guy said that they should be 26psi rear & 29psi front...so what is the correct pressure for standard LCR 18"s?

Cheers

Will

i'd go with what the guy say's mate, i ran my first set of tyres 33/33 like th fuel cap says and managed to eat the middle of the treads in about 4k. I also was advised to run 29/26 and tyres have lasted about 8k now and will probably do another 2k. Although playing around now i find 30/27 better, i know it's only 1psi difference but it just makes the difference;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.