Corrosion resistant discs ?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Hi all

Are there any brake discs that have a corrosion-resistant coating, that will prevent (or at least reduce) the amount of corrosion that occurs on the outer edge ?

I think that some of the EBC discs come with a black coating, and some images I've seen of Black Diamoind discs look like they might have too. But I don't know if these are just coatings to aid bedding in, or there for corrosion resistance in areas where the pad doesn't contact.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Lee

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Not strictly the answer to your question, but an easy option would be to get standard discs zinc plated. The contact faces will obviously wear off the first time you touch the pedal but the edges will still be protected.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hi all

Are there any brake discs that have a corrosion-resistant coating, that will prevent (or at least reduce) the amount of corrosion that occurs on the outer edge ?

I think that some of the EBC discs come with a black coating, and some images I've seen of Black Diamoind discs look like they might have too. But I don't know if these are just coatings to aid bedding in, or there for corrosion resistance in areas where the pad doesn't contact.

Any ideas ?

Cheers
Lee

The EBC discs come with the black coating but the first time you get proper heat into these discs this coating burns off.
Not really anything you can do about this other than maintenance with wire brush and zinc coating. This will last a bit but not infinitly

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise