Couple of quick newbie questions

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
Effectively nothing. It causes (me) a few systems to go into fault and brings up some engineeering menu. When I exited the engineering menu all the faults cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found myself in that menu but quickly left it

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Total newbie question, sorry if it's too dumb.

My Formentor will be my first lease car, will the standard breakdown cover extend to me or do I need to organise my own cover?

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
Total newbie question, sorry if it's too dumb.

My Formentor will be my first lease car, will the standard breakdown cover extend to me or do I need to organise my own cover?
You get 12 months as standard and then you need to source your own breakdown cover for the remainder of the lease. Might be worth getting Gap insurance as well Duane. Cheers

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Ive since found out that Rev D on the Hardware and Software 1790 gives you Wireless Android Auto.

Looks like older cars have revision B and soft version 1666 and newer cars revision D and version 1790. I wasn't able to establish when change occured. Found out about from Polish and French forum.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Looks like older cars have revision B and soft version 1666 and newer cars revision D and version 1790. I wasn't able to establish when change occured. Found out about from Polish and French forum.

That’s where I noticed too.

Hopefully yours will have the newer version which seems to be error free from what I’ve read.

My revision B/1666 combo is having a few errors.

Mar 19, 2021
Got my vz2 delivered yesterday and happy so far. Engine is definitely tight and can't wait for it to loosen up.

Quick question: is it me or are the temperature controls for driver and passenger not illuminated?
Driving home this evening and I really struggle to adjust the temperature!

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Got my vz2 delivered yesterday and happy so far. Engine is definitely tight and can't wait for it to loosen up.

Quick question: is it me or are the temperature controls for driver and passenger not illuminated?
Driving home this evening and I really struggle to adjust the temperature!

They are not illuminated.

Would be a lot better if they were.

Reactions: jcbmally

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
Didn’t want to start a new post for this minor query, so thought I’d post a quick query here.

Is there a way to reduce cruise control by 1mph rather than 5mph (which appears to be the default on my cruise +\- button)?
It’s quite annoying!!!

PaulC

Feb 18, 2021
Didn’t want to start a new post for this minor query, so thought I’d post a quick query here.

Is there a way to reduce cruise control by 1mph rather than 5mph (which appears to be the default on my cruise +\- button)?
It’s quite annoying!!!
Hi, when cruise control is on press the set / res button this changes by 1 mph increments

Reactions: jcbmally

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Is there a way to search DAB stations? Or do you have to scroll them every time? I don't see the one I ever listen on the list.

PaulC

Feb 18, 2021
Anyone have trouble connecting mobile to android auto, follow instructions but message always says unable to find phone (samsung s8). Also cannot find menu to check infotainment software version, don't seem to have options as discussed earlier in thread. Thanks

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
How do you update the navigation database version? Should it get updated OTA?

Mine is still showing 19.7 but I see most people's here is 21.1....

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Yep, reset infotainment, logged in with cupra id and made myself primary user this morning. Used the car most the day.

Does it take a few days to start getting updates?

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I got my update on a first day. You can check in Settings --> System Information. There's an option to check for updates. It probably needs a bit of time to catch up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members