Couple of quick newbie questions

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
As above,

Ive been too busy out driving the car and ive had a quick flick through the manual for stuff but until I can actually sit down and read the manual I was wondering if you can answer a couple of quick questions please

1. When I open the door how can I get it that all the doors open at once? On previous cars I would just open the door with my hand and all the other opened but it looks like I need to grab the handle twice in this car....daughter then thought car was open then proceeds to viciously try ripping the handle off as the door wasn't open...hope that makes sense

2. air conditioning, how can i get it so is always on sync? i had this in my last car and once on it was set but I need to press sync every time i raise or lower the temp in the car, again...hope that makes sense

Also just a not to say I traded in MERC Gla 220d amg line 4matic for this car and the Cupra is so much more comfortable and the gearbox is like night and day. The Mercs gearbox was so unresponsive and would leave you stuttering at lights etc.

I know they have updated their interior but after 3 years of a Mercs and their overpriced servicing I will never be back

Anyway thanks for all your help so far and am away out to drive my new car

Thanks

Steven

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
I’ve read the saw room of the manual regarding the central locking

Press the vehicle icon in the bottom right corner

f4cb60a719fbd6e15cc7371a76aebd07.jpg

Then press vehicle icon with the cog from the left hand side bar

1dbaa3771605f10f361245602583c60a.jpg

Making sure your on exterior swipe until you see central lock

c6862a57470c2f6c077ecc17814427fb.jpg

Pressing this takes you to a sub menu that lets select how the door open when you grab the handle

f2d63423a8cf17de5eaa61612db0cbc8.jpg

Hope this helps

Now to try and work out how to have sync alway on the air conditioning

Cheers

Steven

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I’ve read the saw room of the manual regarding the central locking

Press the vehicle icon in the bottom right corner

f4cb60a719fbd6e15cc7371a76aebd07.jpg

Then press vehicle icon with the cog from the left hand side bar

1dbaa3771605f10f361245602583c60a.jpg

Making sure your on exterior swipe until you see central lock

c6862a57470c2f6c077ecc17814427fb.jpg

Pressing this takes you to a sub menu that lets select how the door open when you grab the handle

f2d63423a8cf17de5eaa61612db0cbc8.jpg

Hope this helps

Now to try and work out how to have sync alway on the air conditioning

Cheers

Steven
Your infotainment screen seems a bit different to mine. Would you mind taking a picture of the software/version number etc.

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
Your infotainment screen seems a bit different to mine. Would you mind taking a picture of the software/version number etc.

If you tell me how I get this information I will do it tomorrow

When I first logged in as a primary user it updated over the air

I am still finding my way round it

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
If you tell me how I get this information I will do it tomorrow

When I first logged in as a primary user it updated over the air

I am still finding my way round it
When you were in the infotainment to change door lock settings did you see the one for “infotainment” ?? If you did it’s in there under updates/system and then press “i” (information).
ta.

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland
No matter how much I look through I can’t find the information you are looking for in that section, any pointers?

ff93fb07f67ad627e73d876f321bcba9.jpg

be87d22104334ff8d7e088aa6279be66.jpg

I’ve scrolled up and down and been through all the menus and can’t find it

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Page 168 of the manual directed me to this screen and hopefully this is what you are looking for

25a2eab8956593638782cae9ad7eec0a.jpg
Cheers mate, yeah I checked again and I gave you duff information. Thanks for that, just what I was looking for. :thumbup:

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
No problem, is it different software from yours? When I logged into become the primary user it said updates were available so I just clicked yes

Glad I could help

Steven
It is yes, waiting for a call from the dealer to see if there are any updates he’s aware of.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
It is yes, waiting for a call from the dealer to see if there are any updates he’s aware of.

Ive had two software updates in my VZ2 since i got it, both were done on the move and i was informed by the infotainment system both times there was one available.

Usually its indicated by a red dot on the white box with the three lines in the top r/h corner of the infotainment screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
Page 168 of the manual directed me to this screen and hopefully this is what you are looking for

25a2eab8956593638782cae9ad7eec0a.jpg

My infotainment screen has slight differences to yours?

aed3061a2f297733709bcb8ec1fae650.jpg

Differences being Device Part Number, Software and Display Unit/Control Panel software.

Have you had any issues with anything in your car such as Side Impact, Rear Crash Detection system or others not working , then working again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland

Differences being Device Part Number, Software and Display Unit/Control Panel software.

Have you had any issues with anything in your car such as Side Impact, Rear Crash Detection system or others not working , then working again?

I’ve not had any problems with my car

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Starting to think I'm going to need a day off work to play with the car just to understand the tech lol.

It's looking like getting a new phone with a different operating system that you have to learn to navigate by glancing at whilst driving

Reactions: steviekek

steviekek

Feb 6, 2021
Scotland

What happens when you click update software?
I mentioned in either this thread or another that when i became a primary user it asked me to update so I let it.

Steven

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
What happens when you click update software?
I mentioned in either this thread or another that when i became a primary user it asked me to update so I let it.

Steven

Effectively nothing. It causes (me) a few systems to go into fault and brings up some engineeering menu. When I exited the engineering menu all the faults cleared.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.