Couple of quick newbie questions

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks!

How long does that check usually run for? I did try running it but was was sat there checking for ages so I just gave up and drove off😂

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
I picked my car up on Monday, so far had an update every day, no set timescale for when it arrived during the day

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Mine was a bit perculiar when I picked it up. Said there was a software update as soon as I logged in, I accepted it, then it just sat at update in progress for yonks. Left it and went about my day, and when I went back to the car it said system update failed to download, and that notification appeared every time I turned on the car. A reset got rid of it, but now it's not suggesting any more updates and the navigation database version definitely looks a bit old compared to the screenshots on here 😫

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Which hardware part number do you have? Older units have rev A and they suffer from some issues. I read there's dealer update to fix it.

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Mine is the same as Maypack's on page 1.

Where did you see about a dealer fix? Not good if they've intentionally updated the hardware version because the early revisions had issues, but they're leaving those with the early cars out in the cold because they were un(lucky) enough to buy their cars first!

Last edited:

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks! I'll give mine a day or so and see if it decides to give me any updates, if not I'll check with a dealer.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Another question...might as well hijack the newbie thread 😂

Internet radio doesn't seem to work, just sits at loading for ages then returns nothing. Is this a common issue? Not sure if it relates to my lack of updates issue...

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
2. air conditioning, how can i get it so is always on sync? i had this in my last car and once on it was set but I need to press sync every time i raise or lower the temp in the car, again...hope that makes sense
Sussed it. Start with it in sync, then use the left hand sliders to adjust the temp and it stays in sync.

Think it's because in a left hand drive car that would be the drivers control.

In the UK the driver effectively has the passenger control

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Sussed it. Start with it in sync, then use the left hand sliders to adjust the temp and it stays in sync.

WOW! That is one hell of a mistake. This should be reported. It's a software issue, I am sure Cupra could push out an update that solves this for RHD cars.

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Another question...might as well hijack the newbie thread 😂

Internet radio doesn't seem to work, just sits at loading for ages then returns nothing. Is this a common issue? Not sure if it relates to my lack of updates issue...
Figured this one out, you have to use your own internet connection, I.e. tether your car to your phone for internet radio to work!

Reactions: Agnes.Surrey

Jan8p

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks! I'll give mine a day or so and see if it decides to give me any updates, if not I'll check with a dealer.

Thanks for the help!
0D3AD6D3-EA8B-460B-B083-A2B25A9CD1D3.jpeg

OK, something seems to have happened today. The navigation database has updated itself to 21.2, but now it shows unknown on display unit hardware/software?

How very odd, it showed H42/6065 before!

Mar 19, 2021
Didn’t want to start a new post for this minor query, so thought I’d post a quick query here.

Is there a way to reduce cruise control by 1mph rather than 5mph (which appears to be the default on my cruise +\- button)?
It’s quite annoying!!!

Hi, when cruise control is on press the set / res button this changes by 1 mph increments
Thanks PaulC I was going to ask the same question

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018

Bizarrely this morning it is working the way you would expect on a RHD car ie from the right hand slider.

The weird world of Cupra software

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I discovered the same thing yesterday. I previously synced it to the left, now it's to the right. Maybe some update worked after all.

MrBowser

May 2, 2021
Guys, for the navigation to update: do I have to connect the car to my own mobile hotspot or keep it with his own wifi hotspot?