Covid Vaccine

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I've had 2nd jab yesterday, the Pfizer vaccine.
I had covid last July.
Up to yet sore arm bit of a headache.
If that's it I'm not moaning.
Stay safe out there folks

Reactions: xyz and Rich.T

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Had the Oxford one in the end. It was really efficient and the staff were really good.

Was really nervous going in, but that faded - especially afterwards when I realised I wasn't actually going to pass out. Hopefully I've grown out of that fear - I don't think anyone actually enjoys that kind of thing, but it's nice to know I can get through it.

Thanks everyone for the support - now to see what the side effects are...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyz

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I got the AstraZeneca one

All us oldies are...

And the youngsters are being given the choice! Because they're totally qualified to make that decision...

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
All us oldies are...

And the youngsters are being given the choice! Because they're totally qualified to make that decision...

I got the AZ at 32 but now they wont give it to under 40’s

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I got the AZ at 32 but now they wont give it to under 40’s

You haven't had any problems? I don't understand why it's supposedly not suitable for under forties now when they were perfectly happy giving it to people before. Surely those kinds of issues come up in the trial stage? Why are they only now finding this out?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
You haven't had any problems? I don't understand why it's supposedly not suitable for under forties now when they were perfectly happy giving it to people before. Surely those kinds of issues come up in the trial stage? Why are they only now finding this out?

It’s the blood clotting problem in younger people.

the whole thing was rushed bud, got to cut corners somewhere!

Fester999

May 17, 2020
My eldest daughter is 29 she had the AstraZeneca jab, they asked if there was any history of blood clots in the family.
A mate who is a rozzer was offered a spare jab but they wouldn't give it as he was 28.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Just back from having 2nd AZ jab.
All OK apart from the lovely nurse apologising in advance that this latest batch of needles are really rubbish:eek:
Survived none the less and now treating ourselves to a mega big bacon banjo

Reactions: Fester999

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
All OK apart from the lovely nurse apologising in advance that this latest batch of needles are really rubbish:eek:
Oh no...did they forget to drill the centre :roflmao:

Attachments

• Needles.jpg
    Needles.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 63

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I must admit it felt a bit like a knitting needle. The nurse reckoned that they must have got this batch as a cheap factory seconds job lot :ROFLMAO: Not exactly music to the ears of someone who is sh1t - scared of needles😨, but it was ok.
Good news is no side effects today, not even sore arm :thumbup:

Reactions: Yern

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It's weird - the people who are scared of needles on this thread seem to have been much more together through all this than a lot of the people I've heard about.

Friends of mine have passed out, I've heard about other people being physically sick and a few other things besides. All of them were people who didn't give any impression they were scared of needles. All the needle-phobics have been like 'terrified of needles but I got on with it, went in and took it like a champ.'

Not sure some of you recognise how huge that is - good on you all.

Reactions: Yern and Seriously?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Not sure that I "took it like a champ", but I still managed not to whimper too much and didn't collapse in a heap on the carpet- which has happened to me more than once in the past. The crazy thing is, I know my fear is irrational, but that doesn't seem to help :doh:
I have the utmost admiration for people who have medical issues which require regular needling.

Reactions: iammooks
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.