Covid Vaccine

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Same here - the pain is just so minimal it's barely worth mentioning (although they really did go deep with this one), so why this is something that had me obsessing from the time I heard there would be a vaccine is just beyond me.

It sounds like it's a much bigger issue though - most people don't need to have injections, so they can forget all about it once they've had their boosters at school age - but a mass vaccination drive seems to have made people realise they're less casual about it than they thought.

Totally understand what you mean about health conditions - my mum has to have monthly B12 injections and that's bad enough for me. I can't imagine if I had a condition that needed blood drawn or a drip or something.

It sucks though - I'd love to give blood, but I think that's just out of reach for me right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Same here - the pain is just so minimal it's barely worth mentioning (although they really did go deep with this one), so why this is something that had me obsessing from the time I heard there would be a vaccine is just beyond me.

It sounds like it's a much bigger issue though - most people don't need to have injections, so they can forget all about it once they've had their boosters at school age - but a mass vaccination drive seems to have made people realise they're less casual about it than they thought.

Totally understand what you mean about health conditions - my mum has to have monthly B12 injections and that's bad enough for me. I can't imagine if I had a condition that needed blood drawn or a drip or something.

It sucks though - I'd love to give blood, but I think that's just out of reach for me right now...

You get used to it! I’ve had 18 months of needles - blood transfusions, canulars, morphine, chemo, blood tests plus I’ve had to have all my childhood vaccines again as they all got wiped out when I had my bone marrow transplant. As for the blood, do it if you can. I was only kept going through my initial cancer treatment due to people donating blood - I was having two or three a week sometimes. Hopefully, you’ll never know how much of a life saving thing it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: AnotherLife

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thought I’d revive this as I had my second AstraZeneca yesterday. I even brought my jab forward to eight weeks and didn’t let needle phobia put me off changing the date.

In short, what a ride...

The jab was absolutely fine - best injection I’ve ever had. It was a bit stressful having to stand in line for an hour this time, but I suppose with more people being eligible now, that’s bound to happen. I barely felt a thing and the nurses are always so supportive. I’m sure I ended up jabbering like an idiot though.

The anxiety levels have been sky high this past week though, as both my partner’s ex-husband and my landlord’s daughter have been infected, and while I haven’t been in direct contact with either, my partner’s son goes between their two houses and so there was enough of a chance (it really doesn’t take much) to get my worry levels up.

I woke up at 2am running a high temperature and had the kind of soreness I’ve only had when I had flu. Now, flu is something that really gets to me, because I’ve had it twice in my life and I was in bed for a week each time and lost about a stone. I hate it when people have a cold and they say they’ve got flu. Flu is horrific. When people say Covid is no worse than flu, as though that’s supposed to make me think it’s no big deal, that says to me they’ve never had flu.

Anyway... I was so nervous I’d picked up Covid somewhere that I ended up going to the bathroom and eating toothpaste to make sure I still had my sense of taste. I was desperate. Drank loads of water and by the morning, the bedclothes and my pyjamas were soaked through - like visible sweat marks. Barely slept and had the craziest dreams when I did.

My cat didn’t leave my side all night. Probably because I was like a furnace, but I like to think she knew I was ill.

Today I’m feeling OK in general. My skin is sore and I’ve got a headache, probably because of tiredness, and I’m really emotional. Like I say, what a ride.

I don’t want this to put anyone off though - it sounds like these kinds of reactions, especially on the second one, aren’t all that common, but I’ll say this, if Covid is worse than that, get the bloody vaccine. Just get the vaccine. Book it today.

Reactions: xyz

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
It's amazing how differently everyone react though, isn't it? I had my second Astra Zeneca jab on Saturday because I happened to drive past a drop-in vaccination centre. I didn't have a single side-effect at all for either jab, no sore arm or other symptoms. I find this slightly strange because my arm always feels like I've been kicked by a horse for a few days after I get a flu jab!

Reactions: xyz and iammooks

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Thought I’d revive this as I had my second AstraZeneca yesterday. I even brought my jab forward to eight weeks and didn’t let needle phobia put me off changing the date.

In short, what a ride...

The jab was absolutely fine - best injection I’ve ever had. It was a bit stressful having to stand in line for an hour this time, but I suppose with more people being eligible now, that’s bound to happen. I barely felt a thing and the nurses are always so supportive. I’m sure I ended up jabbering like an idiot though.

The anxiety levels have been sky high this past week though, as both my partner’s ex-husband and my landlord’s daughter have been infected, and while I haven’t been in direct contact with either, my partner’s son goes between their two houses and so there was enough of a chance (it really doesn’t take much) to get my worry levels up.

I woke up at 2am running a high temperature and had the kind of soreness I’ve only had when I had flu. Now, flu is something that really gets to me, because I’ve had it twice in my life and I was in bed for a week each time and lost about a stone. I hate it when people have a cold and they say they’ve got flu. Flu is horrific. When people say Covid is no worse than flu, as though that’s supposed to make me think it’s no big deal, that says to me they’ve never had flu.

Anyway... I was so nervous I’d picked up Covid somewhere that I ended up going to the bathroom and eating toothpaste to make sure I still had my sense of taste. I was desperate. Drank loads of water and by the morning, the bedclothes and my pyjamas were soaked through - like visible sweat marks. Barely slept and had the craziest dreams when I did.

My cat didn’t leave my side all night. Probably because I was like a furnace, but I like to think she knew I was ill.

Today I’m feeling OK in general. My skin is sore and I’ve got a headache, probably because of tiredness, and I’m really emotional. Like I say, what a ride.

I don’t want this to put anyone off though - it sounds like these kinds of reactions, especially on the second one, aren’t all that common, but I’ll say this, if Covid is worse than that, get the bloody vaccine. Just get the vaccine. Book it today.

AZ second jab seems generally to cause very few adverse symptoms; certainly I had no issues with mine. Your experience sounds really rough though -are you sure it wasn't a delayed reaction to all the Tequila Slammers you had the night before your jab to calm your needlephobia?🤪

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

In short, what a ride...

Sitting writing this with actual Covid and it's crazy reading this post again how similar my reaction to the second vaccine was to my experience with Covid itself.

Symptoms started on Monday and for a few days I thought it was just hay fever. Started thinking something was wrong on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday was just horrible.

The funny thing is that this whole week I've tested negative on the lateral flow tests. Only this morning (Friday) when I woke up feeling a bit groggy and dehydrated did I actually test positive. Freaks me out how many people I could have infected in the days in between. Luckily I've barely been out this week.

Super glad I'm vaccinated.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Sitting writing this with actual Covid and it's crazy reading this post again how similar my reaction to the second vaccine was to my experience with Covid itself.

Symptoms started on Monday and for a few days I thought it was just hay fever. Started thinking something was wrong on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday was just horrible.

The funny thing is that this whole week I've tested negative on the lateral flow tests. Only this morning (Friday) when I woke up feeling a bit groggy and dehydrated did I actually test positive. Freaks me out how many people I could have infected in the days in between. Luckily I've barely been out this week.

Super glad I'm vaccinated.

Hope you feel better soon mate! I think you made the right decision. Our neighbours had it after they had a big New Year’s Eve party. Whole family went down with it. The woman wasn’t too bad at all and the kids barely felt it. As for the husband - he’s early 30s and relatively fit and no health conditions. He was sick as a dog and ended up in hospital twice. My mate got it the day before he was due to have his second jab. He felt rough as a badger’s arse for a while but believes he’d have been even worse had it not been for the jab - but that still didn’t stop him being admitted to hospital with a collapsed lung. It’s been proven that men get it worse than women because our immune system isn’t as robust - hence all the man flu jokes! Man flu is actually a thing! Some was quoting statistics to me which convinced him not to get the jab because he thinks it’s dangerous - “only” 1.1% of people who get it actually die from it. I didn’t hear anything more after I told him that 0.0019% of people die after having the vaccine - and that, as the stats say, is dying after the vaccine - not as a direct consequence of having the vaccine.

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Hope you feel better soon mate! I think you made the right decision. Our neighbours had it after they had a big New Year’s Eve party. Whole family went down with it. The woman wasn’t too bad at all and the kids barely felt it. As for the husband - he’s early 30s and relatively fit and no health conditions. He was sick as a dog and ended up in hospital twice. My mate got it the day before he was due to have his second jab. He felt rough as a badger’s arse for a while but believes he’d have been even worse had it not been for the jab - but that still didn’t stop him being admitted to hospital with a collapsed lung. It’s been proven that men get it worse than women because our immune system isn’t as robust - hence all the man flu jokes! Man flu is actually a thing! Some was quoting statistics to me which convinced him not to get the jab because he thinks it’s dangerous - “only” 1.1% of people who get it actually die from it. I didn’t hear anything more after I told him that 0.0019% of people die after having the vaccine - and that, as the stats say, is dying after the vaccine - not as a direct consequence of having the vaccine.

That's exactly it - nobody knows how it'll affect them. Some people don't even notice, while other people die. I know some people with Long Covid too and these are people in their twenties who now can't walk up the stairs without stopping to take a break.

I've been trying to reason with a lot of people who go on about 'case fatality rates' and 'survivability' and it's not that these people are stupid, but they just don't understand that not everything on the internet is true. And they don't seem to understand that a person dying *who knew they had thrombosis before getting the vaccine* is not evidence that the vaccine is dangerous.

Why should I care though? Apparently within a year all the people who got the vaccine are going to die of cancer or our 5G chips are going to be activated and turn us all into zombies. All as part of 'The Great Reset'- swearing blind that a book they haven't read by an economist they've never heard of says this is exactly what 'they' are going to do.

And they even think our government is competent enough to pull that off without anyone noticing or saying something.

People, get your vaccines.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
our 5G chips are going to be activated and turn us all into zombies. All as part of 'The Great Reset'- swearing blind that a book they haven't read by an economist they've never heard of says this is exactly what 'they' are going to do.
Not gonna happen to me, I'm well protected.
410307642.jpg

Hope you feel better soon bud.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
I had covid last July two days before my 50th birthday caught it off my 19 year old daughter.
We both thankfully recovered at home.
I now have had long covid for a year.
No fatigue or breathlessness just pain chest pain heart palpitations.
I'm on anti depressants for the pain awaiting results from a 2nd heart scan.
These folk who say it's a conspiracy want pummeling 👊

Reactions: Woody_72

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I visited my mother in the care home yesterday and was given a form to sign to allow them to give the residents a third booster jab at the same time as they get their annual flu jab, I signed and then asked if I could come in and get them too, they thought I was joking but if it was on offer I’d do it. COPD means I am more at risk than some.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I’m not generally a nasty or vindictive person but I’m clinically, extremely vulnerable as I have a suppressed immune system due to my cancer treatment. There’s a lad at work who doesn’t believe in the vaccine (even though barely 0.0019% of people die after having it and even then, that’s after having it not clinically proven BECAUSE of it!) and he also thinks that Covid is a conspiracy - he’s now gone down with it. Personally, I hope the #### suffers really badly with it, whilst not dying from it. He’s prepared to put my life and others at risk because of his non fact based opinion so he can f###### well reap what he’s sown as far as I’m concerned. Needless to say, I’ll be staying well away from work when he returns.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I’m not generally a nasty or vindictive person but I’m clinically, extremely vulnerable as I have a suppressed immune system due to my cancer treatment. There’s a lad at work who doesn’t believe in the vaccine (even though barely 0.0019% of people die after having it and even then, that’s after having it not clinically proven BECAUSE of it!) and he also thinks that Covid is a conspiracy - he’s now gone down with it. Personally, I hope the #### suffers really badly with it, whilst not dying from it. He’s prepared to put my life and others at risk because of his non fact based opinion so he can f###### well reap what he’s sown as far as I’m concerned. Needless to say, I’ll be staying well away from work when he returns.

Not being allowed to leave the house for a while yet, I've been spending far too much time on Twitter as a result, and let's just say my eyes have been opened... to how ridiculously ill-informed some people are.

In the past few days I think I've seen it all, and it's only given me the rage - from 'plandemics' to 'The Great Reset' to people even saying that PCR tests can't detect Covid and the government is just seeding fear to keep us all locked up. Why this is the case I still can't find out - all you get when you ask people what this is all in aid of is a shrug of the shoulders.

I'm going to sound like an "elitist snob" when I say this, but I just can't believe how people don't know how to check if something is reliable or not. I took it for granted all these years, but apparently some thirty-second video of some random guy spouting some random rubbish is legit, because he says the mainstream media is trying to silence him, and the most esteemed newspapers in the world are suspect.

For crying out loud, when you've got 'Lozza' Fox, Right Said Fred and that guy from the Corrs that nobody fancied in your corner, you really need to have a long sit down.

Reactions: MoToJoJo and xyz

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
To join rather late to this discussion...

I started off in March/April 2020 scared sh..less seeing the daily death toll the government/media where pushing. Then sadly a work colleague lost his dad to Covid who as far as known had no underlying health conditions and was only 60 something.

The problem is - the more I read the less I trust Boris is 'following the science'!

I share some really interesting links below to actual science and data.

Really interesting lady who de-mystifies the junk statistics spouted by the mainstream media:
vaccine efficacy paper review:

Sage conflicts of interest - the people recommending we all have vaccine have a vested interest in said vaccine (which they don't disclose!) more vaccine's more money in their pockets!

This is from John Dee's FB Almanac group -
"The analytical journal of a retired statistician, consultant analyst and former head of clinical audit at a busy NHS teaching hospital. As a clinical data analyst I specialised in assessment of clinical outcomes across a range of disciplines and served on a regional clinical reference committee in addition to supporting the directors of my NHS Foundation and Primary Care Trusts. I've also provided analytical support for secondary and tertiary service providers across NHS England. I use data from official sources to reveal what the authorities should be telling us about the COVID-19 pandemic but are not."

I saw a post previously about the PCR - and someone questioning it's accuracy.
Even the PCR 'inventor' who got a noble price for it - Kary Mullis is on record for saying all it can do is make a whole lot of something out of not much of something. Meaning it can't tell you if you actually have the condition Covid-19 caused by the virus Sars-cov-2. All it can do is amplify trace particles. It would help if when they preform PCR tests they also tell you the CT (cycle threshold) that they used - if low then you can 'presume' a high viral load so by inference you could have Covid 19 the condition; if low it's basically a meaningless test - BUT they don't publish CT's

One thing is for sure - they way this government have handled this pandemic is shocking.

Attachments

• 1629728111735.png
    1629728111735.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 85

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
To join rather late to this discussion...

I started off in March/April 2020 scared sh..less seeing the daily death toll the government/media where pushing. Then sadly a work colleague lost his dad to Covid who as far as known had no underlying health conditions and was only 60 something.

The problem is - the more I read the less I trust Boris is 'following the science'!

I share some really interesting links below to actual science and data.

Really interesting lady who de-mystifies the junk statistics spouted by the mainstream media:
vaccine efficacy paper review:

Sage conflicts of interest - the people recommending we all have vaccine have a vested interest in said vaccine (which they don't disclose!) more vaccine's more money in their pockets!

This is from John Dee's FB Almanac group -
"The analytical journal of a retired statistician, consultant analyst and former head of clinical audit at a busy NHS teaching hospital. As a clinical data analyst I specialised in assessment of clinical outcomes across a range of disciplines and served on a regional clinical reference committee in addition to supporting the directors of my NHS Foundation and Primary Care Trusts. I've also provided analytical support for secondary and tertiary service providers across NHS England. I use data from official sources to reveal what the authorities should be telling us about the COVID-19 pandemic but are not."

I saw a post previously about the PCR - and someone questioning it's accuracy.
Even the PCR 'inventor' who got a noble price for it - Kary Mullis is on record for saying all it can do is make a whole lot of something out of not much of something. Meaning it can't tell you if you actually have the condition Covid-19 caused by the virus Sars-cov-2. All it can do is amplify trace particles. It would help if when they preform PCR tests they also tell you the CT (cycle threshold) that they used - if low then you can 'presume' a high viral load so by inference you could have Covid 19 the condition; if low it's basically a meaningless test - BUT they don't publish CT's

One thing is for sure - they way this government have handled this pandemic is shocking.
While there's a lot there that you and I would disagree on, I think most people would agree that what's missing overall for everything at the moment is a bit of nuance.

It's kind of like Brexit. I've got no problem telling people I voted to remain, but that doesn't mean that I think the EU is perfect in every way, the same as I imagine there are people who voted leave who think the government has done a shocking job of actually making it happen. There are rabid idiots at the extreme ends who are best off ignored.

I can have confidence in the Covid vaccine, even if I don't trust 'big pharma' and I don't actually know or understand how the vaccine works.

I can think the government has done a terrible job and think they have no real interest in our health and wellbeing without believing stories that the government is actively trying to kill us.

There's something called 'Hanlon's Razor', which says "never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity". Most of what the government has done has made things worse, but that doesn't mean they're out to kill us - just that they're woefully inept.

At the same time, it doesn't mean the things they've done are wrong or harmful - lockdowns, for example, do work, but they have to be done at the right time and with the right conditions. Too many people still think masks are there to protect the wearer, when they're to reduce onward transmission. You can still catch Covid if you're in contact with someone who has it and is wearing a mask. Vaccines won't stop you from catching Covid, or experiencing symptoms, but they do reduce the severity of symptoms and make it less likely that you'll go to hospital or die of it. People dying of Covid after having the vaccine does not mean the vaccine doesn't work, and nobody has ever said that the vaccine would make anyone immune.

These problems come about when people try to simplify complex issues. The government has to try and make the message simple, and that can trip them up, but at the same time, there are people who will tell you things are simple because it's a great way to manipulate you.

The question I ask of a lot of the time is what someone's motive is - why is this person saying in a year my 5G chip will be activated, giving me cancer? Why is that doctor telling me that Covid doesn't even exist? Fame, notoriety, a trail of people hanging on your every word, money... Some people just want to inform and educate people so they can survive and live a healthier life. Some people just like to stir **** up. It can be hard to tell the difference - especially if that person is telling you things that you want to hear...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I have been looking into both sides of the fence for a little bit, admittedly like most I know close to zero about the science behind the vaccine which is where the true magic is, it's the plonkers that sell/promote it that I don't trust lol I'm pretty sure no ones out to create something bad etc from getting the vaccine it creates new variants or that I have tiny little robots taking over my body.

For example and for some of those on here with fears of needles if there was a pill version or non needle at least I would of probably been up with the first ones to protect others purely on the basis that "these" scientists I would hope take an oath just like doctors (maybe in my head haha) to protect life.

There will always be fringe people either saying things that sound weird or against the mainstream data, but I think without them people wouldn't think for themselves as there is no other way to follow, agreed it's not always the smartest way but we're not perfect lol I'm not a fan of mandatory jabs for anyone, jabs for pregnant women, not getting vaccinated people to isolate even though they can still carry/spread and I'm also not sure this passport rubbish will last long either but we have to be logical lol I just hope it's not 10 years of booster jabs for everyone before we just treat it like the "normal" flu when it's up to the person to get it and still lead a normal ish life if they choose not to.

There, that's my rant over haha I've learnt loads about the immune system through a little research but is it the right research haha

As for the PCR guy I think he went up against the idea because he originally didn't get the props he deserved as he was one of many on the Team but it seems now he has his nobel prize I'm sure he will say things for the PCR test lol everyone wants fame how they get it is of no concern of theirs I doubt.

I'd be interested if anyone follows someone who is worth checking out be it for or against just to see what they come up with, I've been recently watching ZDoggMD as he seems pretty pro vaccine but also is quite honest from what I can see.

In the end I still see pro's and con's to it all, my IT brain always gets in the way and put the vaccines in the same boat as a new version of Windows, loads of bugs and potential to cause issues but gets released anyway for the users to find the issues so they can fix them. All vaccines FDA / MHRA approved or not just don't feel like they've been tested as much as my brain wants lol

Hope everyone stays safe no matter their thought process, also I realise that this may make little to no sense haha

Reactions: Cuprabenwytm

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Thought I'd revive this thread as I had my booster yesterday. So this year I've had two Astra-Zeneca, Covid, and a Pfizer booster. Planning on driving to Dorset tomorrow so I can see my parents for the first time in a year.

Was feeling fine this morning, so went and fitted a boost gauge in my Leon. Feeling a bit sore and achy now but who knows if that's just from working on the car or if the jab is kicking in. I didn't sleep too well last night as my left arm was sore, but no other ill effects.

Wanted to say thanks to people on this thread for helping me deal with my needlephobia - I was still nervous yesterday, but didn't feel a thing. The most worrying thing was having to wait for fifteen minutes afterwards in case of any instant bad reactions, but no, I'm still alive...

The nurses at the vaccination centres are always so awesome. You'd think they'd be sick to death by now of grown men saying they're a bit nervous, but they're always so good humoured.

Hope everyone else is doing OK?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.