Covid Vaccine

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I’ve had 17 vaccinations in 5 months so it doesn’t bother me tbh.
I spent just over 3 months in hospital, a while back, and had an injection in my stomach fat every day to prevent blood clots, that totalled 110 jabs.
My AstraZeneca jab on Saturday was a piece of cake by comparison, although my arm is a bit sore

Last edited:
Reactions: Seriously? and xyz

Fester999

May 17, 2020
There's always someone worse off than you is true.
A neighbour of mine is 59, he's just had a hip replacement but whilst in hospital they discovered prostate cancer quite advanced.
3 to 5 years they're giving him!
What can you say?

Reactions: xyz

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
You been travelling to the Congo on a weekly basis?:oops:

I had a massive chemo dose last January followed by stem cells from my brother flown over from San Diego. The chemotherapy wiped out my immune system so I’ve had to get all my jabs done again. It’ll be my second Covid jab next then flu jab in winter and then MMR jab in January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
There's always someone worse off than you is true.
A neighbour of mine is 59, he's just had a hip replacement but whilst in hospital they discovered prostate cancer quite advanced.
3 to 5 years they're giving him!
What can you say?

True. Even when I was going through all my cancer treatment throughout 2019 and into 2020, there were people around me worse off than I was - they didn’t get to go home as I eventually did.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I know my needle fear is irrational; but the *¬+~king things still freak me out :eek: I have huge respect for those that need to self medicate or who have needed multiple jabs.
Covid jab for me booked on Saturday. When I spoke to our surgery receptionist she gave me a choice of 2 venues. I told her I'll go to the one which has the softest floor covering, that way at least I won't get bruised when I hit the deck.
On the upside, once I've had it, with a bit of luck I'll get free renewals on Microsoft Office 365 😂😉

Reactions: '& Son' managed

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
I had a massive chemo dose last January followed by stem cells from my brother flown over from San Diego. The chemotherapy wiped out my immune system so I’ve had to get all my jabs done again. It’ll be my second Covid jab next then flu jab in winter and then MMR jab in January.

I had testicular cancer op in dec 2019 then preventative chemo in feb last year. When i went into the ward everyone had these tiny little bags (for the weekly long term doses) they brought no less than a 10x dose out for me, no messing around. I laughed it off until 4 days later then caught the full effect of it.

I got off light with it all being caught super early and had the chemo as preventative.

I feel for you bud its no joke dealing with it long term.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I had testicular cancer op in dec 2019 then preventative chemo in feb last year. When i went into the ward everyone had these tiny little bags (for the weekly long term doses) they brought no less than a 10x dose out for me, no messing around. I laughed it off until 4 days later then caught the full effect of it.

I got off light with it all being caught super early and had the chemo as preventative.

I feel for you bud its no joke dealing with it long term.

Thanks mate. I’m in remission now from Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. I’ve had spinal injections and bone marrow biopsies every three months for a year. There should hopefully be no relapse as the biopsies go down to a molecular level which is smaller than a cell. I had mucusitis immediately after my stem cell treatment so my mouth, throat and gullet were ulcerated. They put a feed tube in me but I threw it up after just two hours. They were going to put it in again but I refused. I lived on Ready Brek and protein shakes for three weeks and only lost about six pounds in weight. Hard going forcing yourself to eat when you don’t want to but I’m strong willed so managed it okay. Hope you’re doing okay too mate.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yep, reading some of the above makes me think about a needle fear is somewhat pathetic haha hats off to you all for getting through some tough times and hope if you're still going through stuff it's all good soon!

When I spoke to our surgery receptionist she gave me a choice of 2 venues. I told her I'll go to the one which has the softest floor covering, that way at least I won't get bruised when I hit the deck.
Haha that made me laugh, never thought about asking for a cushioned floor as a priority, although now I get laid down and given food and drink lol oh and if i'm lucky I have a fan put in the room haha I'm pretty sure that's near enough royalty status...

Reactions: xyz and Seriously?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I had a bad reaction through the night.

initial 1st 6-8 hours, dead arm, foggy mind, slightly sore head.
Cleared up before bed and felt grand.
Woke up around 2am shivering, teeth clattering, zero energy couldn’t even get up to stick a jumper / jogging bottoms on.

lay there for 20 mins shaking until i finally could move.

restless night teeth chattering. I was also seeing things that weren’t there.

woke up this morning feels like my arms been shot off and i have the biggest thumping headache i have ever had in my entire life.

currently still in bed.

if thats the vaccine i wouldn’t like a dose of the covid thats for sure

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

Woke up around 2am shivering, teeth clattering, zero energy couldn’t even get up to stick a jumper / jogging bottoms on.

restless night teeth chattering.

woke up this morning feels like my arms been shot off and i have the biggest thumping headache i have ever had in my entire life.

currently still in bed.

Doesn't sound like much fun, it's almost like the morning after a massive piss up whilst being repeatedly punched in the arm...

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018

currently still in bed.

Wow, hopefully it'll all clear up quickly. That sounds cr@p.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Doesn't sound like much fun, it's almost like the morning after a massive piss up whilst being repeatedly punched in the arm...
Yeah pretty much,

that same scenario when you wake up with a hangover where you are too tired to move but you are going to die of thirst.

very similar.

says fever and chills are a side effect in 14% of cases. Seems i am in that 14%

also i have read that people who have had covid react in a more severe way to those who haven’t had covid and i suspect i had it at the very start of the pandemic (limited testing available) but guess will never know

Fester999

May 17, 2020

currently still in bed.

I seem to remember reading that the worse reaction you have the more antibodies you get?

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Yeah pretty much,

that same scenario when you wake up with a hangover where you are too tired to move but you are going to die of thirst.

very similar.

says fever and chills are a side effect in 14% of cases. Seems i am in that 14%

also i have read that people who have had covid react in a more severe way to those who haven’t had covid and i suspect i had it at the very start of the pandemic (limited testing available) but guess will never know

Hope you’re feeling better mate. It’s very individual how you react. My neighbour had the virus as well as his whole family - that’s what happens when you ignore the rules and have a New Year’s Eve party with lots of people crammed into a house and staying overnight. He was telling me he was really bad with it - two trips to hospital and lost two stone. In his early 30s, no underlying health problems. I was trying to find some sympathy for him but could only find it in the dictionary between the words sh#t and syphilis. Some might think I’m hard hearted but he’s put people at risk, especially as he’s a carer for the elderly. He’s had the vaccine now but didn’t suffer any reactions so as I said, it’s a very individual thing.

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Hope you’re feeling better mate. It’s very individual how you react. My neighbour had the virus as well as his whole family - that’s what happens when you ignore the rules and have a New Year’s Eve party with lots of people crammed into a house and staying overnight. He was telling me he was really bad with it - two trips to hospital and lost two stone. In his early 30s, no underlying health problems. I was trying to find some sympathy for him but could only find it in the dictionary between the words sh#t and syphilis. Some might think I’m hard hearted but he’s put people at risk, especially as he’s a carer for the elderly. He’s had the vaccine now but didn’t suffer any reactions so as I said, it’s a very individual thing.

My partner’s parents had new neighbours move in Jan last year, both police. 1 month into the first full lockdown they had a 40 person party, massive do, half of them got infected. Theres so many morons out there which is why the virus keeps spiking.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
My partner’s parents had new neighbours move in Jan last year, both police. 1 month into the first full lockdown they had a 40 person party, massive do, half of them got infected. Theres so many morons out there which is why the virus keeps spiking.
They have said a percentage of the over 80s have started breaking the rules.
Probably due to having the vaccine.
Everyone needs to behave.
I think schools opening is too soon.

Reactions: xyz and Bedlam

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Got my vaccine today. 24, slightly overweight but healthy and fit.
3 Hours in and arm has a dull ache and that's about it, was told tomorrow to stock up on paracetamol, so we'll see how it goes :)

Reactions: xyz and Syphon

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

My girlfriend's neighbour is a nurse. She works on a Covid ward so has seen it with her own eyes. People struggling to breathe, dying in pain, not being able to be with their loved ones as they take their last breaths.

Every day they've got people round. Nothing too noisy, but enough that the people next door know that they're not playing fair.

My brother is a copper. The police have been treated like crap these past ten years. Cuts, reductions, short staffed... I remember him telling me on his last posting that on a Saturday night where all the bars and clubs are, they only had eight officers covering the whole area.

So, people find out that when they break the rules, there are no consequences. Not the legal kind anyway. So they start doing what they like, and then everyone else does too.

Sometimes I hate people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.