Covid Vaccine

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Got my vaccine today. 24, slightly overweight but healthy and fit.
3 Hours in and arm has a dull ache and that's about it, was told tomorrow to stock up on paracetamol, so we'll see how it goes :)
Ohhh ohhh hoooo
Just wait till the shakes tonight through the night.

good luck

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Wouldn't have a vaccine knocked up in 6 months if you payed me

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

andycupra

status subject to change

unfortunately a fair number of people take this view. the faster approval has been based on no less data than many many approved treatments. The reduction in time doesn't represent less quality, rather that due to underwriting companies were able to run different phases simultaneously (rather than one after the other) and the regulatory bodies are a huge delay typically (approx 18 months) but when something is urgent, - a global pandemic falls in that category means they prioritise it.
Also Vaccines by design, such a flu get updated annually, so the overall approval process for vaccines can be pretty quick compared to other product types using proven technology.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Oh man, was not a good night, was shaking and had a fever for a good 4 hours
Hope you're all good now buddy

I originally had this thought assuming the vaccine was a lot like the first release of a new Windows OS, full of bugs and needing a patch before I install it. After checking through the data roughly and things seem to be in order in terms of testing from other stuff (I'm no doctor), if you choose not to have it I think you leave yourself with the moral dilemma of making sure the people you meet when things open up have 1 had the vaccine and top up to protect them and 2 don't have it to give to you lol once people have both shots and think they're all good you'll find they might not care about people who've not had the vaccine...

I got woken up to the fact of it doesn't care about age or fitness when someone at work got it, he's 24 plays rugby and it fit as a fiddle, he nearly got taken to hospital with his.

Not saying by any means you should change your mind as it's your choice in the end, I only find things make sense when they hit close to home.

Yes I also realise that I have been toying with getting it lol but if I didn't have my issues with my good friend the needle i'd of had it already given the chance.

Reactions: xyz

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Oh man, was not a good night, was shaking and had a fever for a good 4 hours
I sympathise with you. I’m still not 100% today.

yesterday and today have been my only sick days in the last 5 years so that goes to show how much it has floored me!

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I sympathise with you. I’m still not 100% today.

yesterday and today have been my only sick days in the last 5 years so that goes to show how much it has floored me!
So far I'm getting there, my whole body aches and I can feel the cold really bad, but it's a world of difference compared to last night.
Was night 2 any better for you?

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I must have got off lightly then. Had the vaccine Sunday lunchtime (don't like needles but didn't feel it) and only reaction so far is a light dull ache upper left arm. Reading the leaflet its strange that all pics video etc. show people holding 'big' syringes but the dose is only 0.5ml? I can watch a transplant operation on tv but can't watch someone having botox or a Covid jab - needles.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I must have got off lightly then. Had the vaccine Sunday lunchtime (don't like needles but didn't feel it) and only reaction so far is a light dull ache upper left arm. Reading the leaflet its strange that all pics video etc. show people holding 'big' syringes but the dose is only 0.5ml? I can watch a transplant operation on tv but can't watch someone having botox or a Covid jab - needles.
Depends which one you had.
A lot of people are ill from the first dose of AstraZeneca. whilst the Pfizer is the second dose that gets people.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
So far I'm getting there, my whole body aches and I can feel the cold really bad, but it's a world of difference compared to last night.
Was night 2 any better for you?
Night 2 wasn’t bad, just feel lethargic today.

went to the shop for bread there and felt light headed. Maybe a bad move should of stayed at home i think.

Fester999

May 17, 2020
A lot of people are ill from the first dose of AstraZeneca. whilst the Pfizer is the second dose that gets people.
I had the Pfizer so can I have the AstraZeneca one next?
It seems that the AstraZeneca one does seem to make folk more poorly.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Wife and I had our first Oxford AZ jabs couple of weeks ago, **** scared of needles but I looked away and felt nothing, slight ache to neck and shoulders after a couple of days but that be hours of laptop/iPod ding with lockdown, I had a couple of friends die with Covid and was having the jab asap, I suspect an inoculation certificate will be required for travel later, as well as testing before flying for a year or two, only time will tell.

Reactions: iammooks

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Sorry I should have said...my wife and I both had the Astra Zeneca flavour 1st jab about 5 weeks apart and she was ill for a couple of days.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
They were looking into mixing them i believe.

saying they could potentially offer more protection
Not sure then, I had my first one and asked a similar question to be told "no, you'll get the same again", but who knows, something changes every day.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Not sure then, I had my first one and asked a similar question to be told "no, you'll get the same again", but who knows, something changes every day.

Tell me about it. How long will it be until you get the second one? When they started giving them out, it was two weeks - now it's what, twelve weeks?

Already people are acting like we're back to normal - "Boris Johnson says we're not going into lockdown again" - like we can believe anything he says...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.