CR170 Inlet Manifold Metal or Plastic? Swirl Flap delete?

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
Hey all!

I have a 2012 Seat Leon FR+ 2.0 TDi CR170 DSG - Stock! (CEGA Engine code) currently covered 92k miles

Over the next months I will be doing some mods to it and require bit of assistance on the intake manifold.

I currently have a plastic intake manifold which I'm led to believe it has swirl flaps in them.

Is this something I can change to a alloy/metal intake manifold? if so would the 03G129713H fit on mine or require a different one?

Also is there anything that needs to be done? Swirl flap delete? any links to a reasonable supplier for this?

I have noticed Darkside sells the alloy intake manifold but its mainly for PD140/PD170 - cant find anything related to CR170.

I have also seen few people doing the intake manifold actuator motor repair bracket mod
https://x8r.co.uk/audi-seat-skoda-v...old-p2015-error-motor-repair-bracket-fix.html

So for those who have had/got CR170, what have you done with this particular mod?

I'm just future proofing the car as some point this year or early next year I will be getting DPF gutted, EGR delete and performance remap done

Thanks

steve7786

Apr 27, 2013
I had to do the motor bracket mod as I was getting the fault code repeatedly. Its inlet off to do it though. While it was off I cleaned out all the carbon build up which was epic and took a long time to get it all out. Tne flaps were fine so I just refitted it. It's been fine since.

I'm not sure on the alloy inlet, be worth emailing darkside developments as they would know if its suitable.

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
I had to do the motor bracket mod as I was getting the fault code repeatedly. Its inlet off to do it though. While it was off I cleaned out all the carbon build up which was epic and took a long time to get it all out. Tne flaps were fine so I just refitted it. It's been fine since.

I'm not sure on the alloy inlet, be worth emailing darkside developments as they would know if its suitable.
So far (touch wood) I haven't had any issues or fault code appearing as i check on VCDS here and there. Have seen the bracket mods and the part is cheap to buy from eBay.

I will give Darkside an email and see what they say

Look forward to see what other members have done so far about this

steve7786

Apr 27, 2013
I've gone over 160k and I've been running stage 1 since it was on about 40k and no flap issues other than the motor rotation code. I considered the flap delete, but didn't bother as they had no play in them.

Reactions: tafakasam

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
I've gone over 160k and I've been running stage 1 since it was on about 40k and no flap issues other than the motor rotation code. I considered the flap delete, but didn't bother as they had no play in them.
cheers dude for the reply. did you get your dpf gutted/deleted when getting stage 1 remap done?

tafakasam

Aug 12, 2017
West Yorkshire
Quick update, got the dreaded engine management light come and when plugged in, it was displaying the P2015 code. this happened in past 2 weeks and was being intermittent with code coming back after clearing. So i went ahead and bought the bracket kit and got the inlet off yesterday and installed the bracket to the motor. swirl flaps were clean for the mileage (currently on 93k now) no carbon/soot build up - Just a little on the EGR side but again nothing drastic. see how the coming days go by if the code shows up again.

Wont be doing the DPF gutting/EGR delete for a while until i know its absolute necessary.

Reactions: steve7786
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.