Cracked Windscreen

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
About a month ago in the cold weather I came to my car in the morning to find a crack starting from the offside (drivers side when sitting in the car) at the bottom extending upwards and left to stop at near the top of my dash.

I cant see a single chip on it, any ideas what caused it?

Its not getting any bigger and seems to only have spread accross the top of the windscreen i.e. you cant feel it from the inside.

I'm insured 3rd party fire and theft so insurance wont pay for new windscreen. Anyone kno where I can get a cheap windscreen / windscreen fitter around Slough, or even how much I can get a genuine leon windscreen for?

Thanks
Aman

George

I remember personally on an old car, from national windscreens I paid about £110 fitted for a new windscreen. Give them a try, as I don't think that was a bad price really! Unless anyone knows of anywhere cheaper of course...

bozzzydmc

I cant really help you where to get one from but would advise you to do it quickly, these cold mornings and warm car heaters are more likley to cause it to shatter in an untimely fashion :(

Hope you get it sorted at minimal expense soon

AmanParhar

Leon 1.8 20v
Sep 19, 2007
Cheers guys, I called one company they said 150 fitted. Will cary on calling round to get it cheaper; and hopefully get it changed this week. Does a genuine windscreen have any advantage over a normall tinted windscreen which I'll probably fit? (apart from saying Seat on it lol!)

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
I think I've had 3 windscreens replaced now and all 3 times it's been overnight so common fault for me.

Luckily I only had to pay windscreen excess (Comp insurance) so used Autoglass, but they do seem to be expensive if you have to buy it out of your own pocket

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.