Crease above C Pillar!!!!!!!!

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
zenith grey 07 plate cupra with no creases from what I can see and its not exactly low mileage either. maybe certain colours hide them better than others?

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Nothing on mine either. Washed it today and polished that area in case it would make any defect easier to spot but couldn't make out any defects while looking at various angles.

4/4 dirty dervs

Oct 1, 2012
kent
haha if its the case of track days im sure ill be seeing them before the years out considering mine was a motorway muncher before coming into my hands :)

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Interesting to see the differences here, would love to know 100% what's caused it.

It's definitely not roof bars on mine as none have ever been near it!

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Can you upload a photo of that crease? thanks

I think you'll be lucky. If you've ever tried to take a picture of a faint ripple / defect in paintwork, it is pretty much impossible due to the various light reflections. While it can be seen with the naked eye on a picture you can't see anything!

Your only real chance is if there happens to be a professional photographer on this thread who has the crease and who knows exactly what camera settings to use in order to get the defect to be visible on a photo.

Last edited:

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
I think you'll be lucky. If you've ever tried to take a picture of a faint ripple / defect in paintwork, it is pretty much impossible due to the various light reflections. While it can be seen with the naked eye on a picture you can't see anything!

Your only real chance is if there happens to be a professional photographer on this thread who has the crease and who knows exactly what camera settings to use in order to get the defect to be visible on a photo.
^^^^^^This!

The only way I can spot mine is by moving my head around whilst looking at the affected area....that way you can see the reflections distorting!

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
i'm maybe talking cack, but i seem to recall the bodyshop saying to me there is a panel join there? mine was in years back for repairs due to a fair bit of near side damage and i seem to recall saying to the guy when i collected/inspected it what a good job they'd done (we happened to be standing near side rear at the time) and i'm pretty sure he said along lines of 'yeah especially when you consider there's a join here' at which point he pointed to where you've circled. i said 'is it not just one rear panel?' and he shook his head.

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
Really, that's an interesting inject and one that I'd never even considered!

if you're referring to my reply then yeah that's what happened. i'm maybe getting the exact location wrong but he defo said there was a join at the rear (cause i said something about did they have to replace the entire side panel) and he was making the point about there being a panel join that couldn't be seen, such was the quality of their work.

of course, i suppose you could phone your dealer and they might tell you 'that boy on your forum is talking complete and utter ...'

;)

springer

May 30, 2010
If the car has had a 1/4 panel fitted the join would more than likely be where the bottom of the green circle line is,at the narrowest point to avoid distortion when welding.
Unless the car was damaged up there aswell you would only go up there to join near the roof.

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
If the car has had a 1/4 panel fitted the join would more than likely be where the bottom of the green circle line is,at the narrowest point to avoid distortion when welding.
Unless the car was damaged up there aswell you would only go up there to join near the roof.

you may well be right, surely someone on here must know where panel seams etc are on the mk2? 'if' there's a seam where the crease is it might be an explanation/cause? i can't find a mk2 rear quarter panel but i think these might be mk1 and mk3 panels and they do extend further up/along so wondering if the mk2 might do likewise?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon...191?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4c525037

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUI...109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fb8c6755

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.