Cruise control retrofitters for Ibiza 6J (any location, preferably OEM?)

May 21, 2022
London
Hi all,

I've just finished university and have bought myself a 3dr first facelift Ibiza 6J in Candy White (no regrets), however, it's missing a few tricks so I thought I'd join the forums to ask and maybe even make my own thread on my upgrades!

First of all, does anyone know of any retrofitters for (preferably OEM) cruise control for the 6J? I'm thinking it's probably best for me to avoid trying to DIY that cause mistakes would be a little costly.

Unrelated questions I also have:
Is it possible to upgrade from no multifunction steering wheel to the multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel from the FR 6J?
I've got a rear bumper from the Ibiza Cupra with parking sensors fitted to my normal Ibiza, is there any way to fit them direct to car or a seperate unit of some sort (like an aftermarket rear parking sensor set) so they can actually be more than just decoration as they are at the moment?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Please don't take this the wrong way, but retro fitting, even doing it yourself with genuine new and good used parts will cost you a lot of money.

The kits for cruise control using mainly genuine original parts and manufactured cabling are readily available, the cheapest solution for rear parking system will probably be to buy a Vodaphone branded complete kit as sold or used to be sold rebranded as SEAT aftermarket, there is a very good chance that the sensors from that kit will fit the predrilled bumper and look like factory fitted once you get them painted, remember that that kit will not integrate into your car's infotainment system (as far as I know), but will give your rear bumper protection, even better get a kit for the front as well.

I've retro fitted front parking sensors, genuine Audi parts used, new sensors and mainly used other parts and new cabling, to my 2011 Audi S4 maybe 5 years ago - even buying bespoke cabling meant that to bring the fit and finish up to my preferred standard I needed to extend a section of that cable and fit different connectors to the front bumper section, doing that meant that the "same as factory" connectors now existed and was located, or stored in the point to allow me or any VW Group move the front bumper out to the service position - that detail counts if your car needs taken apart while under your ownership.

May 21, 2022
London
Please don't take this the wrong way, but retro fitting, even doing it yourself with genuine new and good used parts will cost you a lot of money.
Hey, thank you for your advice! I'm a broke just-about-not-a-student so at this point, I think the only retrofits I'll go for is the cruise control and a radio + connecting up the parking sensors. I've got a quote for £390 for OEM cruise retrofitting so far from VTI Scotland (I'm up in Glasgow anyway till I move out of student flats, so might get it done unless I can find better pricing - do you lads reckon it's a worthwhile price?)

Also, for some reason I didnt even consider that whatever aftermarket parking sensor kit I get, since the holes are there, I can just pop out the current sensors and pop in the ones from the full kit I get... I won't bother trying to retrofit it into the garbage infotainment system I have in the 6J - heard it costs an ungodly amount of money anyway, and I'm planning on replacing the radio either way with an android tablet one which I'll likely try to install a rear camera to anyway. No idea why I'm even worrying about the sensors, I don't even struggle with parking to be fair, I'm just enjoying fitting all this stuff my parents cars dont have!

Also thanks @Lozzy15 I'll be giving them a call tomorrow or Monday depending on when they're open!

Probably gonna spend the whole of tomorrow trying to fit 15% tints on the rear three windows so at least I have something to keep me busy while I figure this stuff out :')

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My original reason to retrofit front parking sensors came from the fact that my car came with rear only parking sensors, and my wife's next Polo came with both front and rear, and I liked that, they are very handy in tight and unfamiliar situations. That cost me £386 back in 2017 with me buying new and good used parts and doing all the fitting/drilling. As there was a threat that AM/FM would be switched off maybe at the latest in 2018ish, I swopped the non DAB radio for a DAB equivalent, again a used item, so buying that plus an extra aerial amplifier and leads etc, and getting a VW Group Indie to remove component protection cost me £322 back in 2018.

Just a comment on cruise control, both our last 2 cars and our current 2 cars were either spec'd with or came with cruise control, I've checked that it works on all these cars but never found the need to actually use it frequently, my car a February 2011 Audi S4 has its speed warning set for 70MPH and when travelling away from home I tend to also have my stand alone TomTom - so that also issues speed warnings, on my wife's car, an August 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 110PS SEL, I have set the "winter tyres speed warning" at 70MPH and again use TomTom when away from home. For me simple cruise control does not seem like being a very handy option to have in a car, if it was active, in as much as it applied throttle inputs and braking inputs, it would be useful to me - or even as newer versions are, have forward looking sensors to avoid collision. We do travel away from home now and again, just back from London and Canterbury to Central Scotland/Borders area.

Reactions: disrepair
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.